Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm not on this forum very often, but I come here when I have questions, and everyone has been helpful so far. So, I have another question for you all.

It's time to change my air filter, and I figured this would be a good enough time to install an aftermarket intake system instead of replacing with the stock monster filter. The problem is, I don't have any idea which system is the "best". Can anyone help me out with a recommendation?

My truck is a '06 6.0L with about 90K miles on it. It's bone stock, no aftermarket anything. I'm hoping to get a system that I won't have to upgrade when I do exhaust, new map, injectors, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Eli

·
Premium Member
10,013 Posts
The OEM filter is the best you are goning to find. Why not buy $300 of OEM filters and drive till the truck rusts away?

OEM interval of 30k..OEM filter $75...$300= 4 filters x 30K intervals= 120k miles of proven protection and performance.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I would suggest a S&B cold air intake, if you are looking to upgrade. Stock is sufficient but, its a PITA to R&R. The S&B offers the most layer so filtration on the market with 8 layers, and its a enclosed system with a lid. it also has the best price, coming it at $269.00 shipped, nothing else is even close.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I just ordered a Amsoil/donaldoldson filter. 45 bucks, so ill c how I like it and let ya know

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hey not to high jack the thread but My 2000 f350 7.3l has had an ais filter put on it I am wanting to change the filter just because I don't know the last time it was done. As far as the AFE or the S&B filter The ones for the 03-07 6.0L will fit mine won't they? If they filter better and I can reuse them I can't see spending $65 for a stock filter if these are just as good if not better. If I can use them.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
Hey not to high jack the thread but My 2000 f350 7.3l has had an ais filter put on it I am wanting to change the filter just because I don't know the last time it was done. As far as the AFE or the S&B filter The ones for the 03-07 6.0L will fit mine won't they? If they filter better and I can reuse them I can't see spending $65 for a stock filter if these are just as good if not better. If I can use them.
nope they will not fit....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
The OEM filter is the best you are goning to find. Why not buy $300 of OEM filters and drive till the truck rusts away?

OEM interval of 30k..OEM filter $75...$300= 4 filters x 30K intervals= 120k miles of proven protection and performance.
I always heard, use the indicator, or 100k for the air filter :dunno:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know this is dead, but I like raising things from the dead lol. Just wanted to say that the S&B stock replacement filter is $65, and it is awesome. Definitely the best bfb that I have seen with 6.0l intakes.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I still have had excellent luck with my filter it's just a replacement amsoil/donaldson filter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts