Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 F250 6.0. Recently was having hot, no start issue. Happened only twice with a short waiting period and it would start again. Then one time I got a complete dead pedal on accelerator that lasted 5 minutes only. Took the truck into a diesel only shop. They couldn't find a thing. I even took the truck out yesterday for an extended drive (from the shop) and everything worked fine. When I had the things go wrong, I tried a scan with my 12 year old SCT tuner and found no codes. I'm asking if there is an affordable scanner that would be better than my tuner scanner? I thought for sure it was going to be an obvious high pressure oil system leak, but the fact that it has been intermittent makes it confusing. They pressurized the system and couldn't hear a leak. Any information on a scanner that might read something that my current device can't is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Reactions: SirSevenTree

·
Registered
732 Posts
Those are great options. As to your issues I'm wondering if you aren't having some sync issues with the cam and crank sensors. Those were my issues when I would have intermittent start issues on my 6.0

1 - 3 of 3 Posts