Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing some homework, looking in to buying some wheels/tires. I'd like to stay with a 16" or at most 17" wheel. The problem I'm having is with the tires, I can't seem to find a decent 35" E load rated tire for a 16"/17" wheel. I know there are a few out there, plus almost every Interco tire. But, I bring it here...what do you all know? What can you tell me? Who's had good/bad experiences with tires? I currently have 285/75/16 D range with a 65 psi max and they're stressed enough that I don't really want D load range again. Fire away...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Toyo MT is available in a 35 E. I have a set using 17x9 rims on my OBS. Can't say much about them yet as I am still installing the lift.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I tried the Nitto Trail Grapplers recently but for all the highway driving I do they had to much noise for my liking. So I sold them and went with the shops recommendation of the Mickey Thompson ATZs and so far I'm really liking them. It looks like they make them in a E rated 35 16 and 17 inch sizes. Mine are E rated 35x18.

Also heard good things about Dick Cepek FC II's but no experience with them.

Good luck shopping.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have 35's on 18's toyo mt and there not too loud at all. I like mine. Look around before you buy. You can find them cheap online. I got mine for 285 a piece

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
+1 for mickey ATZs. ive had terra grapplers, fc2, and toyos. I had my best luck with the mickeys.

but tires are like tunes, some people have better luck out of a tune while others cant stand it

·
Registered
347 Posts
The Toyo open country m/t is a great tire, i had it on my f250 and we go to the beach all the time and im always using 4 wheel drive. I was actually surprised how good it was in the sand. I recently sold them because i was tired of 9 miles per gallon and went back to the stock tire size. I now run Nitto terra grapplers and they are pretty sweet tires. The funny thing is, IMO the Toyo M/T worked better in the sand than the Nittos and the Toyo is a M/t. I will tell you the Toyos ride really rough, travel all over the road and are really heavy so say good bye to your fuel mileage. sorry to go on and on, just wanted to give my 2 cents on it. If i had or wanted to go with another mud terrain tire though, it would definatley go with the Toyos and they are actually really quiet. With the windows up, you really dont hear them and with the windows down, still not that loud, very tolerable

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I've had the Toyos and the Nittos. Too loud for my taste. I currently have Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and they are awesome. MUCH quieter than the other two brands.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I've had the Toyos and the Nittos. Too loud for my taste. I currently have Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and they are awesome. MUCH quieter than the other two brands.
i didnt know those were E range

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Ditto^^^^^^

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just put toyo MT's on mine and they are E range, Not loud at all but my mileage did drop from 17 to 13.5.

·
Registered
347 Posts
dpmac83, i loved my Toyos but that is the main reason i took them off, my mileage was terrible after i put them on too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I ordered from treddepot.com. I see the went up $3 bucks lol so there now $288

1 - 20 of 33 Posts