Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first post here.

I have a 2002 7.3L F250 SuperDuty XL with one of the classic console-less bench seats. Picture below isn't my truck, but the same interior.

I love the bench seat but its seen some wear and tear. The back support is gone on both the driver and passenger sides and the cloth is tearing a bit in the corners.

I'd love to replace the padding in the seats to give them new life, but can't find that for sale anywhere. I thought about simply replacing the seats but can't find this same style on craigslist, ebay, or amazon. Is there anything else I can do? I'd possibly be willing to put newer seats in there (2008, 2016, whatever) but didn't want to change too much about the interior. Also, I don't have an extra $1,000 to drop on parts so the minimum-cost option will probably win.

Suggestions? Thank you!

·
california deplorable
11,289 Posts
i would do a search for good upholstery shops near you.
we have a guy in my funky little one horse town who is actually quite good :thumb:
so if we got one you can find oe near you :D

they should still make covers for those at leatherseatsdotcom i have a set for my 402040 from them and they are first rate. probably better quality than the new stock ones
this from the upholstery guy here.
you might be abe to find foam on ebay if not get with a good shop and the guy can cut and make anything you want :nod:

or of course yohu could upgrade to a 402040 but they are pricey these days
i have seen seats going for more than i paid for my truck :eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mice ate up the cloth seats on my 2000. Completely ruined the interior. I replaces the seats, front and back with 09 Lariat seats I found on Ebay. Cost was $2500.00 including shipping, but they are leather, 8way and heated. Well worth the money for my old body.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just looking at that bench seat makes my back hurt. I made a LOT of 12+ hr drives in a 7.3 truck with that seat. The lack of lumbar support was a killer.

Sorry I don’t have any suggestions on fixing it though.
Have you checked Craigslist? I’ve seen seats there quite often locally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.