Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have researched and researched 2" leveling kits, have narrowed it down to two options. Billet Garage spacers or replacement springs. My question-which is the best way to retain OE ride, alignment, brake line lengths, etc. Are they equally easy to install?
Is there better setups? If so I would like to hear your opinion and why. Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Mike

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I did not research enough? What way will my axel be off center-right to left/front to back, sorry for the ignorance. And why is this so with only two inches?
Also is there really a reason to spend more than $200. when my shocks will work?
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Any 2" lift will offset the Axel 1/2-3/4" one side. I wouldn't get a drop bracket for a 2"..get a adj track bar and set it perfect..bracket may or may not get it correct.
Icon has a kit ..2.5" that has new coils shocks and new alignment cams that you NEED! Add the adjustable track bar and it will be perfect and ride better than stock.

Stock shocks are crap..chosen buy the cheapest provider. Get new and they will last the truck.

Cary

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Any 2" lift will offset the Axel 1/2-3/4" to the passenger side. I wouldn't get a drop bracket for a 2"..get a adj track bar and set it perfect..bracket may or may not get it correct.
Icon has a kit ..2.5" that has new coils shocks and new alignment cams that you NEED! Add the adjustable track bar and it will be perfect and ride better than stock.

Stock shocks are crap..chosen buy the cheapest provider. Get new and they will last the truck.

Cary
It sets the axle to the drivers side. The Icon kit is way over priced and I think you need to spend extra to get the rear shocks. You don't really need the alignment cams. I put the cams on my truck and it set the tires back to far on my truck causing the tires to hit the body when turning. My truck has been leveled for 40K miles and has had no issues except for when I tried those darn cams.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Any 2" lift will offset the Axel 1/2-3/4" to the passenger side. I wouldn't get a drop bracket for a 2"..get a adj track bar and set it perfect..bracket may or may not get it correct.

Cary
Mine is measuring even on both sides; I don't have any shift in my front axle.

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey thanks for your input. I am not an engineer, but I just can't see how the blocks/spacers from Billet Garage would make such a change. I agree on the $ for an Icon kit "wow". I think new shocks are in order as well.
How hard is it to put the blocks/spacers. Any other input is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Mike

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Rough Country makes a really nice 3" coil spring kit for $439 with 4 shocks. Worth a look.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The more you raise the front end, the more the track bar will pull the axle towards the drivers side due to the increased angle.

With a 2" lift it will be hardly noticeable, I used the Daystar 2-3/4" poly spacers when I bought my truck and had no problems with using the stock track bar and I never even noticed the axle being shifted a little to the drivers side. For the 2-3/4" lift I had to get some longer shocks because the stockers were not long enough. The truck drove and rode just fine without having to get an alignment done.

If you are only going up 2" then you might be able to use the stock shocks, but you will notice a nice improvement if you upgrade your shocks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a Tuff Country that caused my front end to kick towards the drivers side. I could never get the truck to track true with the leveling kit and replaced it with a BD 4".

·
Registered
36 Posts
It all depends on your level of comfort. MANY people have been running billet spacers on their 05+ 4X4 Superduty's with great results including myself (35,000+ Hard Miles). Yes, the axle will shift slightly to the driver side with the arc of the track bar but it is typically 95% asthetics (which 98% of people will never notice) and 5% mechanical in nature. You have many options but billet spacers are definitely the best bang for the buck. I would recommend you measure to make sure you actually need a 2" kit to level the truck. I only needed 1.5" Spacers for mine. Good luck!
:icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
i got the skyjacker 2.5" kit with the track bar relocation bracket, heavy duty sway bar, new coils in the front, and an add a leaf in the back for about $850 and all parts were powdercoated(except rear add a leaf). the truck doesnt ride quite as good as it did stock(obviuosly) but for a 1 ton truck on 35's it still runs pretty darn smooth. it still has a little bit of back to front downward slant on it, but i prefer it be like that. because when i have my 5th wheel hooked up to it it rides perfectly level....

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
one more thing it also came with the skyjacker hydro 7000 shocks

·
Registered
36 Posts
i got the skyjacker 2.5" kit with the track bar relocation bracket, heavy duty sway bar, new coils in the front, and an add a leaf in the back for about $850 and all parts were powdercoated(except rear add a leaf). the truck doesnt ride quite as good as it did stock(obviuosly) but for a 1 ton truck on 35's it still runs pretty darn smooth. it still has a little bit of back to front downward slant on it, but i prefer it be like that. because when i have my 5th wheel hooked up to it it rides perfectly level.... one more thing it also came with the skyjacker hydro 7000 shocks
Very nice! Congrats! :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts