Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and deleted trucks and Super Duty trucks. I'm looking at buying a used 2015 that has been deleted. The seller has the tuner in a box in the truck. I didn't pay any attention to the brand but I have heard that it's important to keep the turner.?

My question is more about a full delete -v- partial delete. How can I tell what has been deleted and what is not. The seller called it a "full delete". I see a strait pipe style exhaust with black inside the tail pipe. Exhaust smells like an ol school bus. There is what looks like a 5 position dial knob under the steering wheel which the seller indicated could change the tune. Under the hood looks stock (I have seen other delete jobs where ports are capped (like with a bright blue plate) and some of those engine parts are physically gone. The truck drives great. There is a noticeable difference in power when driving compared to my diesel history and other similar trucks I've driven during this buying process.

I believe the seller, but is there a way for me to verify what is deleted on my own?

I am taking the truck next week in to get inspected before purchasing. That mechanic is familiar with diesel trucks and deletes. He may be able to give me more insight that I have now, but I thought I would say Hi, and hear some other folks who have this experience. Thank you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
based on your description the DPF is gone. Look to see if there are any crossover pipes between the EGR cooler and the exhaust manifold/intake.

Sometimes the ports are simply 'blocked off' rather than removing the EGR entirely. accomplishes basically the same thing mechanically but looks more 'stock' under the hood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts