Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious how many of you have a bed liner, of some type, in your truck.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Line-X in mine. It made it easier to pull/push/throw stuff in the bed without worrying. Made it easier to get rid of spilt oil and dieselkleen that leaks from bouncing around in the bed. I think it looks nicer and they can even color match it to your truck if you want. I would stay AWAY from the plastic drop in style liners, as they can trap water against the bed and speed up rusting.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you always have a canopy on your truck wouldn't a drop in liner work just as well as a spray in liner?

·
Banned
337 Posts
Yes and very Important. Your bed will get scratched and gnarly looking if you haul, which will lower your value a bit when you sell.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've seen those plastic bed liners do more damage than they protect from. Water getting trapped under them and speeding up the rusting process. I'd have to agree and say line-X or Rhino Line.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I love my BedRug!! I just hauled a ton of stone, easy shoveling out, easy clean up, and not a hint of a scratch, plus it is soft to crawl around on your knees in the bed like I often do with the cap on it. It probably won't hold up to commercial use, but for me it is awesome!! I spilled gasoline/2 cycle oil on it last year, and you can't tell at all!!

Bedrug • Bed Liner, Truck Bed Liner Bedrug Bed Liners Truck Bed Mat | Bed Rug Bed Liner

·
Retired Soldier!
218 Posts
I have line-x also, I haul everything and it looks like new after it is hosed out.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
A plastic bedliner came with mine and it ate the paint off of the bed in some spots by rubbing. It had a camper cover on it. Now I want to get Al's spray in liner.:thumb:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Line-X here, after almost 3 years and it still looks new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Liners are important to protect your vehicle. I have had several LineX jobs in the past. The product is good but the local franchise in my area is sloppy and careless in their application. Scratches on my truck box from the employee's belt buckle, over spray and the final condition of the liner was amateurish with drips.
My Ford dealer suggested I try another outfit called Stone Liner, Kalamazoo MI. I took the advice and I'm telling you that it was perfect. They removed the nuts bolts and washers before the spray giving a custom look. The overall spray application is completely uniform. The liner itself appears to be tough with no tears rips or gouges after some moderate hauling. It's great when a product meets your expectation but when it exceeds it - well it makes you a happy customer.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a pos plastic bedliner in mine. I will so take it out and get a rhino liner put in.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Line-X for me

I had the Line-X spray on liner put in mine within days of my purchase when the truck was new. Great liner but do not watch them put it on!! They take a buffer and grind off some paint or clear seal to make it rough to accept the spray on liner. That really hurts to watch after just purchasing a new truck. As far as I am concerned the Line-X is the best available. It is bullet proof. I also had my John Deere Gator bed sprayed with the Line-X and after 5 years of rough abuse it has held up with no issues what so ever. Actually the dealer should know of a reputable Line-X dealer near where you are located. I would not use a removable liner as your bed will rust underneath the liner and you will not know until you remove the liner. The spray on liners are the way to go but find a good dealer to do a competent job.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Another line-x bed here. I have shoveled more than a few loads of gravel/dirt/sand and I only have a few knicks where I hit the bolts with the shovel. Other than that no problems. I would never have a drop in liner its a nightmare what your bed looks like when they come off.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I use both, Herculiner and my rubber bed mat. Reason being that rubber mat absorbs alot of impact and you don't have to worry about tossing heavy stuff in there. I just had Rhino liner in my other truck and although the bed didn't rust it had some very decent dents from tossing in fencing materials.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Line-X here, great stuff.

I had to put it in sooner then I planned, a car battery spilled in the bed and started to some of the paint, neutralized with baking soda washed it out went to the Line X dealer the next day

·
Registered
921 Posts
rhino lined.. and i have the harley rubber mat that covers the whole bottom of the bed.. works great..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts