Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 CC short bed that has some rust on the bed. I came across a 2015 short bed pretty cheap. But I can't seem to find if it will fit. Need your help if it will or won't. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2001 Ford F350, 7.3L, 4R100, CC, LB, SRW
19,190 Posts
It should - can you take measurements on the new one (mounting holes, wheel well opening from the front of the bed, fuel door placement, etc?)

Are the body lines different on the outside?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, it will fit. The body lines are different, the flare above the wheel wells is larger.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's good news. Now that it will fit, do I have to drill new holes or is it a simple easy swap?

·
Registered
8,182 Posts
That's good news. Now that it will fit, do I have to drill new holes or is it a simple easy swap?
The garunteed best fit is a matching bed from any 1999-2007. 2008-2011 had changes and 2011-2016 had changes and 2017-2019 had changes. You may have to set adapters.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely understand that, but I've been looking for a long time and don't have any luck try to find a 99-07. Within a reasonable distance

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I’d like to hear a conclusion to this thread. I want to eventually replace my bed because of sun spotting and paint peeling. The valley of 4 million people I live in had the same thing on Craigslist: a few beds available but none were the same year. I’d like to know what you eventually did to make one fit.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The beds up through 16 will line up with your body lines and mounting holes. The only difference is the wheel arch profile.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
That pic was my 04 with a 15 bed. Plug and play.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts