Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my bed today and noticed the hose the farthest back on the tank is ripped and not sure what it is. Also, I do plan on painting the frame, but any other suggestions on stuff to do to it while the bed is off? thanks

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what you're trying to tell me but it is not the filler neck. I'll take a picture, it is a small diameter hose.

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
273 Posts
He is telling you to do the Hutch and Harpoon mod. Look them up. That is the vent hose.

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not according to the link. The vent is also attatched to the metal filler neck which is not it. It's like a 3/8" hose if that, it goed to a metal line.

· Registered
273 Posts
It is a fuel vapor line. check to see were that metal line is going.

Anywho, I don't know what is going on with the link but the hutch and harpoon mod are pretty popular. You can get a kit from Strickly Diesel for the one and the other just requires trimming the length of plastic from the filler neck and the vent inside the tank. It prevents the diesel from foaming up and allows for quicker fill-ups

· Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I haven't done it myself yet. But I plan to when the bed is off. I know there is a ton of threads on this. Sorry I can't be of more help.

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I can officially say, I now understand how a return system works. I NEVER could grasp it. (Licking windows in the back) Im gonna replace that section of broken hose, and towards the front another hose that seems brittle (same material). I also plan on the hutch mod. As far as the harpoon mod... my tank is full... to the brim... How can I cut the tube back, don't you have to reach in there? Thanks!

This is the video that made me understand -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.