21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Behavior Modificationist
1,524 Posts
That thing is a BEAST :grd:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wish I'd had that bumper when I nailed that doe at 65 mph. Not that it did much damage as it was. Took out the plastic grille and a headlight and dented the bumper. Talk about Ford Tough. That was a really big doe and I hit her broadside, dead center. From that point on we started calling the big red dually a Three fiddy ought six.

As far as your truck is concerned, we firewood guys are about as hard on a truck as it gets. I literally torture mine, but I've also have done a lot of mod's to toughen it up. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Friggin awesome. Reminds me alot of the **** we do over here in NH. Beers for your sir. :grd::noteworthy:

·
Registered
195 Posts
You just never actually make it there
Truth. I spent 3000 on my first car, then another 8000 in upgrades.:doh: I can only imagine how much I'm going to spend on my truck now. few thousand into it already...:woot:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I could have either payed the truck off and it would be clapped out or put money into it to make it better. Over 4 grand into it this year, mostly all upgrades. If you want to run your truck hard you are going to have to make it handle what you throw at it. Even if it means excessive maintenance and stupid amounts of work. It will probably end up getting a Cummins with a big Eaton 6 speed, divorced NP205 case and a slew of PTO powered implements. Along with some more extensive body modifications.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.