Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually I post over on pirate4x4 but I figured I would give this site a shot. I have a 2000 F-350 4x4 6-speed. It has got some random tuner and resistor mods...it gets plenty of fuel, ATS housing, wicked wheel, 4inch dp and it runs great. When I got the truck it had already had a rough life, and I wasnt about to let up. Got some mud tires, had to take them off because I was eating them up. Welded the rear end, went through 3 or 4 more sets of rear tires in a year and toasted the dana 50.

Truck had some rust so I added a little steel here and there around the fenders and bed, connected to the frame.

Things tend to get beat up along the way, just make everything stronger as you go.

Built a headache rack before I smashed out the back window.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The truck came with a tri axle goose neck trailer. Along the way I put a 70s model Amerigo camper on it and make it a tandem axle.

The Ford pulled it good. But not good enough, since I only had 2wd at the time I figured I would do a full axle swap and I put a 4.10 gear 10.25 with a custom spring pack and some other things.

Truck pulled great, in the mean time I made an engagement ring for my girl.

Then took everything camping and got engaged.
video.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then I got distracted for a while with this truck.

F700, 5.9 Cummins, 6 speed

Finally got around to getting a front axle and shocks. Pulled the 50 and added one leaf to the pack.

Front axle will also have a truck and plated diff cover.

Not sure if I am going to run cross over of not but I have a steering arm sitting idle on my mud truck that might come in handy.

This is where I am at with the truck right now. I plan on building a plate bumper and plow mount after the axle swap is done. Would also like to finish the bed and replace the rockers with 3x4 box tube.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Now that is a truck.

Way to go!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Nice! Good to have your welding skills to keep patching up the holes from the Michigan winters.

·
Behavior Modificationist
1,524 Posts
Great build!! :thumb:

·
Registered
840 Posts
wow man that looks great. its cool that that truck from afar doesnt look like much, but if someone were to walk up and go over they would be able to tell right off that someone who knows what the hell theyre doings been working on it. awesome little build

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
That right there is a *****in pickup!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A couple more pictures of the truck. Took it to some 300' dirt races yesterday, I was leaving the line in 4 low 4th gear at 2000rpm. Truck runs great especially with 4.10 gears. Still need to address a couple of issues with the steering and brakes. Building a bumper soon and am probably going to do some more 4 wheeling with it. The bed is built to take a beating just need to finish up some odds and ends.

Cross over steering.

Box tube runs along the entire bed, plan on box tubing the cab rocker panels also. It will flow nicer also.

Exhaust

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Started building the front bumper. Wanted something I could plow directly through the woods with but something that wasn't massive. Hate the look of most of the after market bumpers for pickups for the most part. Listened to a bunch of Pantera and came up with this.

Stock front bumper sticks out further by an inch or two.

A bunch of 4x3 and 1.5 sch 40 later.

Have got to weld it together and add a bunch of little pieces and expanded steel.

Keep telling myself the truck is almost done...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.