Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my friend has a 2001 dodge 1500 with a 360 lifted on 35's. when i had the 95 stroker we were realy even when we raced, well since i got the 2000 i havent got a chance to race him until now! i just got it straight piped so i asked if he wanted to race and he said yeah so we lined them up and his brother said go and we were off. dead even until about 15 then my turbo spooled and i was gone! i passed him like he was standing still! i can only imagine what a spooled launch would be like lol! the best part was when i talked to him after he was like man that things loud! thanks for readin!

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Thats cool, i didn't have so much luck. I lost to a 03 hemi on 35's saturday night at the races. I did a boosted launch, i had him good off the line but he caught up, then passed me.:(

At least i can take loosing like a man. I complimented him, said it was a good run, and to meet me again in a few weeks.:woot:

But really, it drives me nuts when you do beat someone, and they make up excuses. I beat some dude with my old truck, he was in a s-10, and afterwards hes like "my check engine light was on". :gr_bs: Why would you be racing if you have a CEL on? YOU LOST! DON'T BE A BI*CH ABOUT IT! rant over.:)

·
Premium Member
9,472 Posts
Thats cool, i didn't have so much luck. I lost to a 03 hemi on 35's saturday night at the races. I did a boosted launch, i had him good off the line but he caught up, then passed me.:(

At least i can take loosing like a man. I complimented him, said it was a good run, and to meet me again in a few weeks.:woot:

But really, it drives me nuts when you do beat someone, and they make up excuses. I beat some dude with my old truck, he was in a s-10, and afterwards hes like "my check engine light was on". :gr_bs: Why would you be racing if you have a CEL on? YOU LOST! DON'T BE A BI*CH ABOUT IT! rant over.:)
Get that TW chip I see on your wish list then run him again! And when you do, put a friendly bet on it...:icon_ford:

·
Berm Buster
527 Posts

Yeah i know what you mean. I beat a gt the other day from a rolling start not by much at all (3/4 of a lengh) but we got to the next light and his buddy yelled out the window "he missed 3rd" which he didnt because i had my windows down and heard him hit all all of his shifts just fine. And even if he did he should learn how to drive. A mustang is alot easyer to shift that a 6spd.

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah race him when u get the wildman hooked up well no point really ud smoke his a## but seriously you basically were runnin a stock truck against a lot lighter truck just with bigger tires those tires dont weigh as much as a diesel guarantee that so its cool and like you say it always seems like the whoopee always has some sort of excuse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts