Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed the beans 6pos chip and i have intake and exhaust. thinking about getting the quick spool housing and the boost fooler but not sure if i will even notice much of a difference.

anyone have either of these??

quick spool is $150
boost fooler is $50

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
you only need the boost fooler if your map is reading too much boost and defueling.
and you can make a boost fooler for like $1 with a resistor on a wire under the hood.

you can find the how too in the tech section under Mod Help

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh okay yeah i dont have any defueling problems...

maybe ill just get the quick spool if i get any feedback from anyone thats running one

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Ive got a quick spool and I Like it. I start making boost at 1400 RPMs now and I love it when I'm towin' my trailer.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
The quick spool is nice! Your '95 doesn't need the fooler as there isn't a defueling strategy built into your PCM. As best as I now only myself and one other OBS (both of ours are '97 Cali trucks) have experienced the defueling. On the down side you aught to reburn the chip for the new turbine housing.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a .84 A/R turbine housing for sale if your interested.

·
Registered
902 Posts
ive got the .84 and i like it. definitely spools up faster and i didnt see much of an increase in egt's. but i deleted the ebpv at the same time and some say that lowers egt's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts