Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
powerstroke newb
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the money up for a programmer and a new option is thrown in my lap with a timeframe so I want to make sure im getting the right thing. I have been saving up for the beans 6 pos so that I could shift on the fly. But I just found out that summit has the edge CTS on sale right now for 550 shipped. Having the edge would save me from having to buy gauges, but I have read on this site that the beans and customs tunes would be best for performance. Which should I buy? customs tunes then need gauges? or edge cts and it is gauges? I have an intake and exhaust but thats about as far as im gonna go. Maybe down the line doing the HPOP and intercooler off the newer 7.3 so with these little mods, do i really need custom tunes? any help or input would be awesome guys.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
Anything but canned tunes... do not buy that edge.... if u want that style monitor go to PHP as they sell custom tunned "edge cts" but its just he same manufacturer box with bills tunes. And i belive they are cheaper then that edge at summit.

·
powerstroke newb
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will the canned tune really be that detrimental with my minimal upgrade list?
and could u link which tuner u are specifically talking about? im not seeing one that has the touch screen gauges. Thanks

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
i was wrong they are not cheeper.. even tho u have minimual mods done, a custom tune will give you more power and longevity. and it allows u to get full potental of mods later on down the road when u need a reburn, instead of just having canned tunes and having to buy a custom chip later on down the road. do it once and do it right
Power Hungry Performance - Gryphon™ CS & CTS - Diesel

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have 2 powerstrokes and ive been ****ing around with edge programmers for the past two years procrastinating on getting a 6pos. i finally got one from beans and installed it a couple days ago. i wish i would of just got one in the first place it is so much better. i only have exhaust and intake and it gives you noticable more power than the edge and smoother. plus you can shift on the fly. it was 359 shipped and i got the triple gauge pilar with egt boost and fuel pressure from glowshift which cost me 220 shipped. basically the same price as the cts. dont waste your time with that edge **** buy a 6pos!

and just my opinion but id much rather have gauges than that stupid screen stuck on my window

·
powerstroke newb
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 2 powerstrokes and ive been ****ing around with edge programmers for the past two years procrastinating on getting a 6pos. i finally got one from beans and installed it a couple days ago. i wish i would of just got one in the first place it is so much better. i only have exhaust and intake and it gives you noticable more power than the edge and smoother. plus you can shift on the fly. it was 359 shipped and i got the triple gauge pilar with egt boost and fuel pressure from glowshift which cost me 220 shipped. basically the same price as the cts. dont waste your time with that edge **** buy a 6pos!

and just my opinion but id much rather have gauges than that stupid screen stuck on my window
hey, could u link me where u got that stuff for those prices? that all sounds great and i have never been able to find a gauge set that cheap. i was even considering getting the 3-in-1 gauge i saw in dieselpowermag cuz it would save me so much in the long run.

Any thank you all so much for any and all info, keep it coming, its very welcomed by me lol

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Google beans diesel performance and that's where you can find the chip.

And for the gauges http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/
They also have the 3 in gauge its 172.99
I got the pillar gauges because I like the look of them.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
^I linked them above^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts