Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lookin for some info on which trubo would be best. Who has what and what luck thay've had with it. The deal is i'd like to keep it manageable enough to tow with but id like to be able to see 35lbs with no prob's and be able to hook up to a sled every now and again. (i know asking alot) My mod's in in my sig, but add an intercooler. Just working up my dream setup :icon_ford:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would go with the d66 for your setup. Bolts strait up and can easily handle 35lbs.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have had no problems with my D66 and it's seen 35lbs quite a few times. on the other hand the H2E is nice just depends on how much money you want to spend, and what mod in the future you plan on. The D66 will work up to 160cc injectors

·
Cynic
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
"dream setup"??

d66 can't compare to a modded h2e. I would get the h2e kit and not worry about the turbo coming apart or not handling the future mods.
:agree: I have a Modded H2E with my 200cc hybrids and as far as towing goes, AWESOME. I've seen as much as 45-47 psi with it in my hotter setting, and my lower setting will swing 38-42 psi.

-Michael

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
i am running 250cc hybrids on a stock h2e with no problems only makin 28psi though:doh:but i have another intecooler on the way with out a custom hole in it:hehe:

·
Registered
26 Posts
"dream setup"??

d66 can't compare to a modded h2e. I would get the h2e kit and not worry about the turbo coming apart or not handling the future mods.

yeap, if mony is no object, get the setup for the H2E.....

if your on a budget, or are SURE, you arent going above stg 1's and decent tuning, then the 66 is your best bet, its a bolt in, and reliable enough....

fwiw....my 66 has been a DD for 2 years and over 20K at over 400rwhp
with my setup, I spank it sometimes...an intercooler helps...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. So when i win millon's i'll know what to buy :hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ive got a modded H2E on my 97 and it works great but it doesnt push enough air for my truck but i have really big injectors so lol but if i had around 250CC injectors the modded H2E would work great.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ive got a modded H2E on my 97 and it works great but it doesnt push enough air for my truck but i have really big injectors so lol but if i had around 250CC injectors the modded H2E would work great.
What injectors do you have?

-Michael

·
Cynic
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
stage 2's and an I/C you could go with the D66, but if you're going with 2's I bet eventually you'll want 3's or Hybrids so in that case I would go with the H2E for future mods.

·
Registered
221 Posts
D66 will be fine with that then.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 43 Posts