Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Just a Husband and Dad
97 Posts
Well about to upgrade the suspension to BDS Fox 2.0. I am not a guy who really is into modifying their ride but I did want a different ride suspension wise. Ordered the BDS Fox shocks from stage3motorsports dot com I update on how much improvement I see. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I've heard great things about the fox shocks.
I can't believe that stage three isn't a forum sponsor. Someone should get on them (stage3) about that.

·
Just a Husband and Dad
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard great things about the fox shocks.
I can't believe that stage three isn't a forum sponsor. Someone should get on them (stage3) about that.
Agreed. I think I found them through the Ford Enthusiast forum. I wanted to improve the ride but wanted shocks 'tuned' to my truck. I also really don't want to lift or level at this time.

·
Premium Member
10,597 Posts
BDS has Fox "build" the shocks to their specs for shock valving. Fox will have their own valving. Technically you could get them valved to your specs but you need to know what you are talking about otherwise it's not going to ride well.

Most all shocks that are "rebuildable" can be valved by a shock shop. Bilsteins, Dirt Logic, ICON, Carli, Fox, King.....all can be done to your specs.

·
Just a Husband and Dad
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BDS has Fox "build" the shocks to their specs for shock valving. Fox will have their own valving. Technically you could get them valved to your specs but you need to know what you are talking about otherwise it's not going to ride well.

Most all shocks that are "rebuildable" can be valved by a shock shop. Bilsteins, Dirt Logic, ICON, Carli, Fox, King.....all can be done to your specs.
Correct. The video I am putting together is going to compare the
@epiccowlick put together, which is with stock Fox 2.0 to the BDS shocks I have bought.

I can tell you this much. Compressing these enough on the front is a real task. The usual techniques of using a jack does not work. I am using zip ties (and a lot) to hold them compressed to install. Starting again this morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay guys so to get a better idea, I use my truck to tow an 18 foot enclosed trailer that probably weights 5-6k depending on the day. I've already decided i'm going to add the sumosprings yellow bump stops for the rear sag. Would the BDS valved or the Fox valved be better?

·
Just a Husband and Dad
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay guys so to get a better idea, I use my truck to tow an 18 foot enclosed trailer that probably weights 5-6k depending on the day. I've already decided i'm going to add the sumosprings yellow bump stops for the rear sag. Would the BDS valved or the Fox valved be better?
The shocks will just change your ride quality, the springs are doing the 'work'. Perhaps air bags would help with sag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered the BDS Fox versions after talking to tech support. Basically same thing with just the BDS have the hardware installed ready to go on out of the box.

·
Premium Member
10,597 Posts
I just ordered the BDS Fox versions after talking to tech support. Basically same thing with just the BDS have the hardware installed ready to go on out of the box.
So the are just the same Fox Shock valving with a BDS branding logo sticker?

·
Registered
6 Posts
So the are just the same Fox Shock valving with a BDS branding logo sticker?
The tech guy said they have BDS unique valving but it will function almost the same as the IFP and then he said they really are not that different. It was like he was dancing around stating them being the same thing. He seemed more focused or excited that the BDS version has the hardware already installed on the shock unlike the Fox IFP. He said either version should work just fine for my purposes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I added the yellow sumosprings and that was a tremendous upgrade to the rear suspension alone. Then I replaced the rear and front rancho crap shocks with the BDS Fox shock. Holy smokes the ride is way improved! My 18 foot enclosed trailer pulls perfectly. The Sumosprings I highly recommend and it so easy to put on, takes maybe 10 to 15 minutes. Before I added the shocks I would of been fine with the sumosprings but the BDS shocks made the ride comfort 100% better. If you have a f250 with the 3 leaf springs I highly recommend the sumosprings.

·
Just a Husband and Dad
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have had my BDS Fox shocks on for about a week now. They have helped ride quality for sure. They are what I had hope for in ride. Which is to cut down the harsh bumps, make the feel truck more planted, but still have a firmer side ride. This they do. They will not make it ride like a squishy Cadillac.

Putting them in was a pain the arse. I had to zip tie them down to install. The old jack compression technique does not work well. I will put up a video comparison shortly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had my BDS Fox shocks on for about a week now. They have helped ride quality for sure. They are what I had hope for in ride. Which is to cut down the harsh bumps, make the feel truck more planted, but still have a firmer side ride. This they do. They will not make it ride like a squishy Cadillac.

Putting them in was a pain the arse. I had to zip tie them down to install. The old jack compression technique does not work well. I will put up a video comparison shortly.
Yah they are the stiffest shocks I've ever put on. I managed to compress one rear shock laying on my back before I pulled the bottle jack out to hold it in place. One thing to note, if you have a B&W gooseneck, you will have to remove the front 7 bolts of the gooseneck frame and drop the front bar down to access the passenger side shock mount on the frame.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,638 Posts
Shocks for these trucks are pretty stiff. I had to lay under the shock and use both hands to get them To compress.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts