Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nice write up man. I want to do the BPD oil cooler relocation as. Well. What a piece of mind it has to be.
It really is. I watch my temps, of course. But not with the same intensity or with any sense of dread. If the oil cooler would ever clog, I'd swap it during an oil change. No big deal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That looks awesome and is very well written! Doing it all at once, how long was it from start to finish? I'm starting to but parts now to save myself from the all at once cost and also my excursion is my daily driver so time is obviously important.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That looks awesome and is very well written! Doing it all at once, how long was it from start to finish? I'm starting to but parts now to save myself from the all at once cost and also my excursion is my daily driver so time is obviously important.
Thanks for the kind words regarding the writeup.

Ya know... I had a backup vehicle and was traveling a lot for work at the time. I certainly took my time on it and had the added issue of having to figure out where I needed to pick-up from where i left off.

Compacted, I probably spent a total of 4 long days on it. I would say that a mechanically-inclined non-pro first-timer that was pushing themselves more than I was could do it in two full days. A three-day weekend would be a real improvement on their attitude, though.

I did it exactly like you, also. I gathered parts and tools and documentation. That's the smart way.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for taking the time and posting this. This is my plans within the next few weeks to do. Only wish I could see the pictures. The .pdf links will be a lot of help for me too. Still have to get the relocation kit. The water pump and belt wasn't something I had thought about, but their on the list too.

Again, thanks for your effort!!

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for taking the time and posting this. This is my plans within the next few weeks to do. Only wish I could see the pictures. The .pdf links will be a lot of help for me too. Still have to get the relocation kit. The water pump and belt wasn't something I had thought about, but their on the list too.

Again, thanks for your effort!!
You should be able to see the pics now, @tmj690.

Thanks go to the site programmers for giving me editing privileges. Their effort has been likened to battle.

Keeping with that metaphor... special thanks to @ZMANN for his tactical efforts. ...and to @Heavy_GD for laying down a sufficient amount of sarcastic friendly fire.

Reactions: Heavy_GD
21 - 30 of 30 Posts