Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Dave,
PM me the Forum with the strong BC chapter. I'm interested, but I'm sure open posting it here would be frowned upon :)

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
It starts with the members, I am vice president of a BC chapter on another forum that has a good number of participating members with lots of discussion. We did the exact same give-away that went very well. I know this chapter is lacking members but its not going to grow by it self.
Please send me a PM with the other forum.

Sometimes you win - sometimes you loose. I would think if you knew that "this chapter is lacking members" that you would only get a few entrants.

But that has nothing to do with actually changing the draw date and rules.

I understand that a lot of diesel owners have better things to do than spend time on a diesel chat forum but if you look at the stats most member join because they had an issue, searched for a solution on the web and ended up a message board such as Powerstroke Diesel. As the owner of a diesel repair shop 75% of the people that come in say "I was on a chat forum and read that...."
Again this has nothing to do with changing the rules.

I can not see how trying to grow the BC Chapter can come across as negative to some but I apologies if I offended anyone. I would like to ad that I did not retract the give-away. I offered to extend it with a better product and I am open to any suggestion on what that product should be and what the "rules" should be.
Dave, I think you missed the point. Trying to grow the BC chapter was not what came across as negative. I know from personal experience that it takes a **** load of work to grow and maintain a club/chapter/group.

The moment the rules, item and draw date changed the original draw effectively ended.

If I had done that with the group I was involved in I would have been strung up :eek:hnoes:

What I don't want is someone to win a product that has no interest in it or supporting the chapter.
Sorry that doesn't make sense to me. Why would someone have no interest in the product??? If they're on the powerstroke.org site I would think they'd be interested :please: As far as a draw going to someone that's not interested in supporting the chapter... I think the only way to get around that is to confine your draws to chapter event/G2Gs.

I am not a event organizer, just a diesel enthusiast so if you have any suggestions on how you all would like to see us give away free products, we are all ears. There will be a product, possibly products given away here as it grows and it will, like it or not LOL. If you think about it this chapter has seem more discussion in the last week than it has in months, possibly ever.... so its already working!
Don't get me wrong Dave my hat's off to you for "trying to grow the chapter". If you want to PM me I am more than willing to help do that :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
PM Sent Joel, pretty good support on the other Forums huh? Post the results if you don't mind, I think 300+ on the GM and 200+ on the dodge can you confirm. I do not think it is a big deal if you wanna post the links, I cut the cheque for all 3 accounts to the same company for my memberships AutoForums.com.

The reason I said someone may not be interested in the tuner is because someone posted that they were not interested in the tuner?

I do apologies for ruffling so many feathers though! :dunno:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I do apologies for ruffling so many feathers though! :dunno:
So many feathers? :rofl: there is only the three of us here!

I'm not mad, I see both sides of the story on this one.

PM hasn't come through yet for me though. I might join a forum that had a strong Local representation as long as they weren't DB's about a Ford guy coming in.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Good point lol

Not sure on the PM but I am sure AutoForums.com does not mind me telling you to visit the BC Chapters on their GM forum and the Canada Chapter on their Ford Forum. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not sure what I missed while I was slaying beast but it was an entertaining read for our 4 member bc chapter lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good day on the hill

Attachments

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Right on Wick!
I see you're using a lever gun, what is it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's a 45-70 over 115 years old, first kill on her, been in the family for many many years

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
In the family for that long and no kills? sounds like an un-lucky hunting rifle. haha

Since we totally derailed this thread anyways;

Here is the one I took a few weeks ago. Also 45-70, also that guns first kill.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This chapter needs help... and this thread needs to die!

I have 5 Edge Insights on the shelf and have no problem giving one away but lets use it to try and get people to join the Canadian chapter. I don't want to give one away just because...

Suggestions, start a new thread with the Free Insight? but how to get Canadians to join? there has to be more Canadian members here....

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Haha, oh Dave

This thread was kinda fun.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
:) I didn't mean nothing by it.
Just playing around.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
This chapter needs help... and this thread needs to die!

I have 5 Edge Insights on the shelf and have no problem giving one away but lets use it to try and get people to join the Canadian chapter. I don't want to give one away just because...

Suggestions, start a new thread with the Free Insight? but how to get Canadians to join? there has to be more Canadian members here....
Dave, you do realize there was already a second thread posted by yourself on 04-28-2013, 07:23 AM

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/vendor-contest-givaway-forum/407449-free-edge-tuner-give-away.html

That posting also had the same draw date as this one. People are still replying to the above post because there was no winner posted.

Or have you backed out of that draw also :dunno:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Thanks Shayne, I didn't see that one! Just entered it too :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
BC Diesel

There is a new give away up under vendor give aways, we will do another one here in this chapter like promised once we can get more members signed up.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts