Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get something that wont require a whole new head unit, and will still sound good. Does anyone have experience with a bazooka tube?

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,885 Posts
I would like to get something that wont require a whole new head unit, and will still sound good. Does anyone have experience with a bazooka tube?
You can get a 10 or 12 to hit pretty hard with a tube and a good amp

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I dot have and first had experience, but i heard that they have a delayed hit.... as it its a bit laggy....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Friends dont let friends use Bazooka's :D

I believe you would only have enough depth behind the seat for the 6" version anyway. You are much better off going with a custom box and a shallow mount sub.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i had one in my jeep. worked great for what i wanted. then it got stolen like everything else in the jeep..... but i love my stock ford units. no1 wants to steel it

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Bazzookas are good. You can put a ten inch right up against the front of the back seat or up against the back of the front seats. You will not loose much leg room for the back seat because you can put it in the center of the floorboard between the driverside and passenger side. For me this works great for my box because my sons car seat is in the middle leaving the driverside backseat and passenger side backseat open.

·
lost in space
1,387 Posts
got one...works great for us...no stereo to attract thieves and just enuff bass for my daughter to complain :)

lemme double check, but it believe an 8" fits perfectly behind the rear seat of a crew cab!

·
Registered
798 Posts
i had one in my jeep. worked great for what i wanted. then it got stolen like everything else in the jeep..... but i love my stock ford units. no1 wants to steel it
+1. I had a self-powered 8" in the back of my jeep, meaning it had the amp built in. For what it was, (cheap and easy) it worked great.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I would go with some shallow 12" subs depending on what you listen to. I have 3 10" sus behing my seat powered with 1000 watts, they sounds pretty good but dont hit the low lows real great. for rock 10s are peeeerfect

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well maybe ill look towards the 10s in a box. Im not out to blow windows out or rattle my head, just to have some more sound to be able to hear the radio, with the windows down and the straight pipe.

·
Jersey Strokers Director
939 Posts
I have an 8" Bazooka and it's good for what i was looking for. I'm in the same boat as u, just wanted a little more thump, don't need to vibrate everyone else's car too. Fits perfect behind the console on the floor.:thumb:

·
lost in space
1,387 Posts
bingo...mine is in fact a powered 8"...put it in the space behind the backseat and it turns the whole seat into a box..its really quite thumpy!!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
I'm getting along fine with my 10" Stealthbox. Sweet sound, and not visible, unless you know what to look for.

One thing I've noticed is that only the newer music has the really low frequencies. Tom Petty's Saving Grace can really rattle your bones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts