Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm shopping for new batteries. I don't know which brand to go with. I am leaning towards optima, so if you guys were in my boat which route would you go?

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
Lean away from Optima. Lean towards Interstate.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I just bought batteries at BJ's $85 each. I believe they are 40 month free replacement and 108 month prorated plus a few extra stuff. The guy in the tire shop said they have no way of testing the batteries to see if they are good or bad. Just bring them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
I was going to get Optimas for my truck from a local battery only store which sold several brands and they strongly suggested that I do not buy them. He would bring them in if I insisted but he said due to their extremely high warranty returns he would not trust them in his truck.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
150 Posts
Im running 1000 CA interstate and i like them they run my stereo and crank nicely.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a set of optima red tops in my truck. They do the job but I think I will go with something different when it is time to replace them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Optima does not go well with tjese trucks. Lots of forms about how bad they are. They dont hold the volts the trucks need.

Sent from my iPhone where spell check hates me.

·
Administrator
30,481 Posts
I just went with a set of Autozone Platium AGM batteries after my Yellow top Autozone acid batteries died(1) but they swapped both since I was trying the new style

so far so good but the warranty is 3 years unlike the 3 /5 for the acid

Optimas= fail for Me

·
Island Dweller
1,300 Posts
Johnson Controls manufacturer, Interstate, Autozone, Advanced etc...batteries. Most of the batteries are the same except the color of the top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts