Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't changed my batteries in a few years so I'm going to replace them this week along with getting the altlas40 tune on my ficm and replacing my busted radiator.
What is the best and where do you get yours?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,445 Posts
Ford for mine, but if I can break this cycle of getting some warranty cost back on somewhat premature failures (2-3 years), I believe the Sears Platinum are the best compromise between cost and quality.

·
Registered
311 Posts
ive got interstates that were replaced under warranty recently. dont know if they are that good or not, they came with the truck. mixed reviews on the optimas on this forum. my mechanic recommends delco.

bailey

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not going optima. Had a bad experience with them. I have been running interstate's for a while now and they have been holding up to my abuse. No complaints there. Haven't heard too Manny people talking about the sears batteries. I will have to look into them.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Optima's are the crappiest batteries with the best marketing out there!
Personally i just buy something with a good warranty and hassle free exchange.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Stuck with Motoorcraft for mine ... pay a llittle more but worth it IMHO also was reccomended by several Ford mech. and dealers along with some non-dealers

·
Registered
809 Posts
Sears Diehard Platninum is the way to go IMO. I've run Motorcraft, Interstate, Optima, and now these. They were Consumer Reports #1 pick and have a 48 month free replacement / 100 month pro-rated replacement warranty.
I have them and love them. :thumb::thumb:

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like this might be the route I take... thanks

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
My everstart walmart batteries, from the previous owner are 5 years old. it's time to change them.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Got 8 years out the originals so stayed with Motorcraft. Could tell they just wern't doing it, plow truck for last 4 years. Get a good battery tester that measures cold crank out put & resitance of battrery. one was 550 cca & other one was at 150cca so they were done. $105 each.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I stuck with the motorcraft batteries. Napa seems to have a pretty good battery for our trucks.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I was in that far there is no way I'm not doing HGs. That sucks man.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Have to clean out my shop by the end of the month, then start the tear down. Need to have it done & back together by Nov. 1st for plowing & salting. I try to keep the milage low in summer that way I can write off cost on the snowplowing biz. Bought a lot of toys & up grades from snowplowing. Too make it in snowplowing you have to be able to fix the equipment your self & you can't always count on snow.
Sorry got of topic.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I got Optimas last spring and then read all of the complaints, They were the only batteries that we could not kill in our rockcrawlers back in the day(90s-05), I ran them in my old 04 that I bought new in 04. I killed the motorcrafts in one year (lots of desert roads, sand washes, dunes, and Cinders). they were still going strong when I sold that truck in 06. Kirkland (costco brand) have a great warranty, I know, I used it every year!

·
Island Dweller
1,300 Posts
Most of the batteries out on the market to include Motorcraft, Napa, Adavance, Autozone and Interstate to mention a few are all made by Johnson Controls. For the most part the only difference is the top cover and the labels.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had 3 sets of optimas. 1St set both went bad in 6 months and they denied my warranty becuse they said I did something to them which I only put them in my truck. 2Nd set went out in a year...no reason but they covered them andcthe 3rd lasted about 8 months. The interstates I have now have lasted about 3 years and are still good. Just went to update them before they go.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts