Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a new to me 2001 F250 platinum with a battery light problem.....

Just started yesterday when I step on the gas off a stop the light comes on and stays on when I slowly come to a stop the light goes out and stays out until I take off again. The voltmeter on the dash goes to the max under acceleration and then drops to normal when I come to a stop ?? Any ideas ?

Only thing I have done electrically to it so far just before this happened was put in 2 LED reverse lights wired them to the stock taillight wire and grounded to the bed metal.

I also have no interior lights when the door is opened or the back bed cab light either ?? But I think this is something else not related?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sounds like a voltage regulator problem. It should max out at about 14.1 volts. So put a meter on across a battery and Rev the engine. If it goes past 14.1 volts pull the alternator and have it checked.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today on the way to work the light did not come on until after 30 min of driving then it started to come on again under acceleration. On the way home it was almost 40 min of driving and then it started to come on and flicker under acceleration. Not sure what is going on, I hope to have time this weekend to do some testing.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Today on the way to work the light did not come on until after 30 min of driving then it started to come on again under acceleration. On the way home it was almost 40 min of driving and then it started to come on and flicker under acceleration. Not sure what is going on, I hope to have time this weekend to do some testing.
I WAS GONING TO SAY.....THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME AND IT WAS THE ALTERNATOR NOT PUTTING OUT ENOUGH POWER.....

Changed the alternator and all is good now.
VERY GLAD THAT YOU GOT IT FIXED.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts