Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery light all the sudden came on. As soon as i started after shut down the engine cranked really fast, and the light is still on. Both batteries have 13.5 Volts almost 14 with truck off. Please help.

2002 Excursion 7.3 PSD

·
Lifetime Premium Member
6,100 Posts
Unplug the plug on the top back of the alternator and see if the light goes off.If the light goes out,more than likely its your internal voltage regulator..Local Alternator and Starter shop told me thats how they check them.
Also,from personal experience,check all your battery terminals to make sure they are good and tight..I thought mine were tight and had an issue there aswell.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice I will try it mid week. I'm leaving for Nashville for work and have to drive my wife's land rover. I'm not looking forward to that at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Jbeasts10 that worked. the light went out as soon as i unplugged it. Advance swapped me out no charge. I will say one thing though, lately i have been using only ford oem parts from the dealer and have had no issues such as alternators going out after a year and a half. I wish that would have been a dealer item it would have saved me the trouble. Thanks again for the help.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts