Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT BATTERIES ARE YOU GUYS HAVING THE BEST LUCK WITH??? I SELL ALOT OF FORD MOTORCRAFT BATTERIES BUT I SEEM TO BEEN REPLACING THEM ALOT IN CUSTOMERS TRUCKS LATELY AND NOW MY TRUCK NEEDS THEM AND IM UNDECIDED ON WHAT TO BUY

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
I HAVE HA....sorry I have had pretty good luck with my cheap ole Wal-Mart batt's so far. 18 months on this set, no troubles yet.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take it easy you NY haters im on the shop computer which is usually on caps!!!! lol

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I went with interstate batteries.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I'll be sticking with motocraft. Still on original set build date 01/07

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Diehard platinums. They are exactly the same as odyssey batteries.
Great warranty, great CCA, great HCA, great reserve capacity etc etc.
Agm is the only way to go IMHO.

I couldn't believe how much quicker my truck turned over when I replaced my batteries. And while my old ones were getting weak they weren't dead.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
Diehard platinums. They are exactly the same as odyssey batteries.
Great warranty, great CCA, great HCA, great reserve capacity etc etc.
Agm is the only way to go IMHO.

I couldn't believe how much quicker my truck turned over when I replaced my batteries. And while my old ones were getting weak they weren't dead.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Another vote for Diehard Platinum's.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mine were put in truck around 03/2007 and it just got to the point they weren't work very well. Had my uncle test them one just barely read 400cca and the other was 412cca. I never charged them or did maitenance on them. So I actually decided to do the red optima batteries. This was 2 months ago when I replaced them...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Has anyone tried the new Lithium Ion batteries ? They saay you can save 20 - 30 LBS per battery ?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Has anyone tried the new Lithium Ion batteries ? They saay you can save 20 - 30 LBS per battery ?
But at about $2000 a piece just not a cost efficient option IMO. It'd have to last 20 years to offset the cost of diehard platinums every 5 years. As with all new technology they'll get cheaper and it won't be long before they become the standard.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Lithium ions don't last long. Look at all the batteries that are currently lithium ion. Cell phones and laptops are two main users of them and they simply don't last/hold a charge after repeated charging cycles. People usually have to buy new batteries prior to their device's lifespan being over. They deplete more and more as they are used and recharged. Not to mention, they don't like the cold. Ever try using a lithium ion battery for a cordless tool that has been stored overnight in a truck?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Older cell phone/laptop lithium is different technology than LiFePo4 in automotive applications, lithium has come a LONG way and there is quite a few variants of it. We use lithium in race applications and exotic applications, really helps with weight as some of these European cars ship with 50-60-70lb batteries, swap out for 5-10lb and off we go! The issue with lithium for our trucks, is sometimes the lithium needs to warm up before you can actually crank and start in the dead cold. If it is -10/-15c outside, likely you will have the leave the headlights running on the truck for 2-3 minutes to warm up the lithium cells enough to turn the monster over in the cold. They are working on some with built in heaters, or timers, already have voltage protection circuits to shut off auto when voltage is low, but the weight savings isn't worth it in a 9000lb truck we need to start every time we get in it.

I went Dual Interstate MTP's

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
Braille batteries?

I have a couple of friends running them and looked at them when I was looking for a new pair. Awesome batteries, just crazy expensive.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Interstate mega-tron plus......mtp65. Has 850cca.
30 month free replacement. ...6 yr performance.

·
california deplorable
11,557 Posts
i paid 150 each for my red top optimas at orielies, oeilys, kragen,,, on sale

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
In a truck that weighs 8500lbs, I don't care about 60lbs of weight.

If I want to take 60lbs out of my truck I will just stop eating cheeseburgers. :)

My OE (04/2008) batteries I just changed last month. They were still starting the truck, but only tested between 400-500cca each when I checked them during a service.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.