Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys running? How much? Where did you get them?

Mine are finally toast after almost 5.5 years :crazy:. Now, my FICM is toast too :doh:

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
As of Smoke show. Im using Walmart everstart maxxs.

Whatever you do dont use one made by Johnson Controls their QC sucks lately.

I havent had a JC or interstate battery last more than two years over the last decade or so.

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
I have been through some interstates in the last few years so I agree. They just warranty them so its free or else i would change.

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
997 Posts
There are only three or four companies that actually make car batteries. They just make them to the specs provided by whomever is OEM'ing them.

That said, I am running Autozome Duralast Gold batteries. They are also made by the same people as Interstate and Die Hard.

Mine are about two years old.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I am now running Duralast Goild

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with the Kirklands, for $85 ea, and they're 850 CCA :thumb:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Factory batts for me, this is my second set, i got 200k on the truck. however just for the heck of it I may throw interstate in this winter, my father loves them and has had them in his 7.3 since new, hes now got 400k on the truck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
AC Delco Professional. I'm not saying they are the greatest batteries ever, but they offer the best warranty I've seen so far. 50 month replacement(not pro-rated). I have two of them, one was replaced under warranty about 8 months ago. I don't get another 50 months on the replacement, it goes by the original purchase date.They will be 50 months old in July 2012. I believe I payed 115.00 each. Living in FL, with the heat, I'm perfectly fine buying a new set every 50 months if I had to. I'm kinda actually hoping the other one goes before the warranty is up. That would give me at least 7-8 years for $115.00 each. Not bad

·
live for the now
2,435 Posts
im running the green top interstates

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine blew in front of checkers so I just got their gold ones. 2yrs even with 2 bad gprs and a sub and no starting problems do can't complain. I've heard the same thing about only a handful of manufactures though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm runnin the yellow top gel cell's from Batteries Plus, Company Discount put me at $250 for the pair, had the same one in a gasser and ran it 5 yrs till i sold the truck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts