Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so I think I got the wrong part but I will let someone tell me what they think first picture is of the original powermax wheel the next two are of a batmo wheel that doesn't appear to be the correct size sooner the better on input I have to call mpd tomorrow

·
Registered
136 Posts
I know little about turbos but I'd definitely have to say that the BMW looks to be a smaller diameter in comparison.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
136 Posts
So the batmo is supposed to have more clearance? I'm only asking for education since I honestly don't know.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
So the batmo is supposed to have more clearance? I'm only asking for education since I honestly don't know.

No, that's the issue. The bat- mo should fit just as tight as the stocker. The bat-mo flows more air due to the increased surface area on the blades. His wheel looks too small, like he got a stock turbo bat-mo instead of a PMAx bat-mo.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think its a batmo for a stocker but wanted to make sure I am right i will call mpd in the morning to get this fixed

·
Registered
136 Posts
OK thanks for the explanation...didn't catch your meaning at first.

So what's your batmo upgrade run ya?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
399.99 shipped It's the same price every where

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
yea thats a stocker I just put a batmo in my pmax. the pmax batmo should measure 63.5mm inducer and 88mm exducer. the stock turbo batmo measures 58mm inducer and 82mm exducer.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
OK thanks for the explanation...didn't catch your meaning at first.

So what's your batmo upgrade run ya?

If you have a 7.3 don't waste your cash.... You will end up with a $400 paper weight

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
I agree you have a stocker, I know that's pictures of backing plate and the powermax is sized at 89mm max on backing plate. If you had calipers then you could measure the base of the compressor wheel, but in pictures looks like a 82mm in a 89mm backing plate. There are cheaper batmowheels if you google it, I think I found one for 380.00, I know 20.00 bucks but anything helps.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah I wasn't considering for my personal at this moment. I'm still truck shopping a diesel for my wife and so I'm always on here reading when I can.

The way I see it...your can never have too much information.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mpd is awesome they are overnighting the correct one to me

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I just put mine in yesterday. This is how it should look, just as tight as the stock wheel. Granted, mine is an OEM '03, but tolerances are going to be the same when buttoned up.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah it should be straightened out tomorrow

1 - 15 of 15 Posts