Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I want to see what some of you have done for bass in a CrewCab truck, I currently have (4) 10's and ya they punch like they should and sound good, BUT I have always had 12's and want to put a couple 12's in here now. My question is has anyone scooted the backseat forward maybe 3-4"ish or maybe slightly more? I want full size subs, I am done trying to accomplish the bass I want with shallow-mount woofers!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
well you already know my story lol but for some reason only on some obs trucks including mine the whole rear seat is on a sliding rail so i can move the whole thing forward if i want for more space

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish the superduty seat slid forward but I guess thats where welders, grinders, and hammers come into play :D

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
If you have a center console there is always a possibility to make a custom one with 2 12s... thats what i did.... I think 12s sound way better than 10s do anyways...You can really do some neat things if your creative enough with a center console

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
When I read the title I thought this was about fishing....:rofl::rofl:

An old friend of mine did his full size under the back seat, not sure if that's an option for you though.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a bench up front and don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon...

He had full size speakers under the back seat?!? It seems to have more room behind it... Have any pics or details? Anything is an option now.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Morning :bump:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
actually i have heard of people fitting normal subs behing the rear seats of the new trucks but...... you have to cut out part of the false wall on the back of the cab a company called probox has pics of this take a look. but cutting on a new truck for subs doesnt sound too appealing but if thats what you want go right ahead also probox makes boxes for under the rear seats called downfire

·
Registered
185 Posts
I currently have (4) 10's and ya they punch like they should and sound good, BUT I have always had 12's and want to put a couple 12's in here now
What exactly are you wanting that the 4 10's arent doing for you? What 10's do you have now? Im asuming you dont have the rear power slider.

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
I have a bench up front and don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon...

He had full size speakers under the back seat?!? It seems to have more room behind it... Have any pics or details? Anything is an option now.
I wish I did!:( Sorry. :( And he's not allowed to talk to me now that he's married.:dunno:

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I ended having to use the thin 12's in mine. Originally I bough some kicker pro comp 12's, but with the sliding back glass I needed more room and didnt want to move the seat.

·
Registered
804 Posts
im about to put some in, but for now there guna have to sit on teh back seat untill i can afford the right box :doh:

2 12' jbl

REALLY expensive, my boss had them for his S600 LOL 9mpg v12 biTurbo
SORRY to hijack.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
here is mine its 2 10's ...but the box it big and they sound pretty good.....i could prob cut for 12's in there

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
heres some pics of my setup that hits real hard!!!! one 12in Rockford Fosgate stage 3 shallow mount sub, w/ a 4channel 400w amp (underpowered), and a monster custom box with a massive 12'' port on one side. did work myself except for box and though it would be a creative idea to mount the amp on the box itself. anyway you can see i put 3 brackets along the top that are screwed in and another 3 on the bottom flipped around to support it cus the box is wider than that back piece on the obs trucks. i really need a bigger amp

tell me what yall think

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I wish i could have fit full size subs behind my seat. I got 3 10" Rockford P3's back there. im runnin an alpine mpr (?) 1000 watt amp and i think i need more power lol. A think a ported box would be a good idea, itll make 1 or 2 12" shallows sound pretty decent, i would think.

Got me them "custom" sub grills...they are the kicker grills that i hit with a sledge and diegrinded to get them to work hahaha so they are "custom" ahahahahahaha

good luck man.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
lol ya i wish i could have a full sub too but you know what... no joke my setup has KILLED a few kids systems at my school with 2+ 12inchers rockfords aint somethin to mess with but ya i say custom bc my whole system was pieced together by a true genious (national sound judge, published 6 times) that hand calculated the dimensions of my box to meet the exact air space dimensions for my sub i only say mines underpowered bc if i turn up the bass and volume real loud i mean heard from a mile away, you can smell my amp gettin hot quick

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have a buddy who cannot find a box for a 2006 6.0 ext cab KR. he said hes looked everywhere any1 have a similar problem?

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I built mine. If im not mistaken I seen some at crutchfeild.com. Keep in mind they are pricie

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
i have a buddy who cannot find a box for a 2006 6.0 ext cab KR. he said hes looked everywhere any1 have a similar problem?
The probox should work. I have a buddy with an o7 and it fits nicely.
Edit: nevermind, I was thinking crew cab and he has ext cab

All I have is a 8" bass tube I threw back there. It's plenty for me especially since I rarely ever even turn the radio on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts