Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Torque Pro app for monitoring. Truck is basically stock but could go just a bit over in the future but not much. Truck is used primarily for mid weight towing. All I want is a basic reliable, economic egt gauge and probe. I don't want the pillar setup. Recommendations please. Again, I really only want the one egt guage. 2000 f550. Plenty of threads showing the 3 gauge pillar or edge. TIA

·
Registered
621 Posts
You can get one for the steering column. Not sure who makes one because no one uses those anymore, but I’m sure they’re out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
621 Posts
That plus the gauge and probe you’ll be in it at least $100, probably a little more. For less than $300 you can get a really nice 3 gauge pillar setup, but to each their own...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
I have the Torque Pro app for monitoring. Truck is basically stock but could go just a bit over in the future but not much. Truck is used primarily for mid weight towing. All I want is a basic reliable, economic egt gauge and probe. I don't want the pillar setup. Recommendations please. Again, I really only want the one egt guage. 2000 f550. Plenty of threads showing the 3 gauge pillar or edge. TIA
A stock truck will almost never reach the egts that people need to worry about. Just something to consider, plus the F450-550 are de-tuned from the factory compared to the f250/f350 to increase reliability ratios due the nature of work the 450/450 are used for.

considering the one link from full force around $240 with shipping for the gauge/hardware and the column mount seems like a very good deal. only thing cheaper with be the infamous glowshift commonly called glowcrap etc.

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Reactions: Strkrmule
1 - 6 of 6 Posts