Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to get the truck back going ASAP. I have the Bulletproof EGR cooler. Can anyone tell me what is the bare minimum I need to remove in order to swap EGR coolers? NOT the oil cooler also. That will unfortunately have to be done later. I do not believe it is blown.

Thanks!!

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
It's the oil cooler that makes the egr cooler go bad. No point in replacing one without the other if the egr cooler is already bad. Egr cooler by itself would be about the same as the delete and can be done, depending on the person doing It, in about 6 hours with lunch and beer breaks. I think it took me 8 but I was all by myself and I did the oil cooler too. Egr cooler by itself isn't as bad because you don't have to take the intake off all the way to do it. Make sure you drain down the coolant first oil too if you happen to do the oil cooler.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it does typically. But I have always run a coolant filter and a oil bypass filter. My Delta has never been more than 5-6*. I think driving it home with my stuck EGR valve popped the EGR cooler. I will end up doing the cooler too, but I won't do it until i have the $1,700 for the BPD one. Not going to put in another worthless stock one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts