Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a banks compressor wheel and it has a very loud high pitch whistle on acelleration. is this normal??:dunno:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, i have a S&B intake, foil delete, stock straight piped exhaust, sct livewire with a economy tune. just wanted to be sure a had bad turbo surge so i ordered a tubo rebuild kit that had a new banks wheel with it. i didnt have time to rebuild this weekend but i did find time to sneek the wheel in. :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hopefully i can rebuild next week. if so i have to send wheel off to the guy i bought it from to balance it. i need to call a local diesel shop to see if they can do it

·
Registered
149 Posts
From what I have heard you need the center section balanced not just the wheel.

You will know it has been balance by the notch in the nut and a paint marker on the wheel.My 71mm sledge hammer isn't balanced and I have been down the track quite a few times at 45psi.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it had a notch and paint. the guy i bought the kit from owns a turbo shop in utah and he wants me to send him the whole rotating turbo/turbine assembly. that means truck will be down for a while. :( i do need to rebuild my turbo though it has some play in the shaft. not enough to let anything rub but with 230,000 mile it to be expected!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts