Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into setting up my truck w/an exhaust and CAI. I hava a S&B CAI on its way and wasn't too sure on what exhaust system to go with. I like the idea of the "cool cuff" on the Banks system and according to their website their exhaust has a lower exit temp than MBRP. I was thinking of going with a dual exhaust and wanted to get some feedback from those who have it installed in their trucks. I threw the RBP exhaust in there because they're located about 30 min away from me and I like the look of their exhaust system. I have a few buddies that have it insalled in their 6.0's and love it but I'm not sure about it for the 6.4. I appreciate any advise and feedback. Thanks!:thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
i went with rbp cuz they're down the street from me too. i dont have any complaints about it. i believe that most exh out there are pretty much the same, it's just a matter of preference. for me, i was debating between rbp and magnaflow

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
banks claims that theirs has lower temps but its a crock of chit we have put that on a few 6.4l its the same if not hotter

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm looking into setting up my truck w/an exhaust and CAI. I hava a S&B CAI on its way and wasn't too sure on what exhaust system to go with. I like the idea of the "cool cuff" on the Banks system and according to their website their exhaust has a lower exit temp than MBRP. I was thinking of going with a dual exhaust and wanted to get some feedback from those who have it installed in their trucks. I threw the RBP exhaust in there because they're located about 30 min away from me and I like the look of their exhaust system. I have a few buddies that have it insalled in their 6.0's and love it but I'm not sure about it for the 6.4. I appreciate any advise and feedback. Thanks!:thumb:

Heres the skinny on your situation. 1st off you need to know that if your not gunna delete your dpf/doc, its not even worth getting:doh:........unless you just want shiny tips :hehe: You get no sound improvement nor HP or milage gains. If you want looks, I like RBP. I went with a dual MBRP setup, then after I deleted my dpf, I switched to 6" mitre cut stacks:thumb: Stacks are the best thing since sliced bread, when I first heard the drone and loud "pop" of the stacks, I was like :Shocked:

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
What is it that you are looking for? Looks? Sounds? Performance?....:dunno:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I like my RBP one....just right IMO...not too flashy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am going to do the DPF Delete I'm just holding out on that a little bit. Main thing I'm looking for is the best exhaust for the $$. Definitely some sound when DPF delete is done and performance and EGT temps is always a part of it. I like the look of the RBP exhaust since its all black with a 6" tip. Looks killer, IMO. The only ones I've seen out there that are dual exhaust are MBRP and Banks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like my RBP one....just right IMO...not too flashy.
Do you have a pic of your exhaust? I want to see how it looks from the side of the truck. Thanks!:thumb:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
I will be installing my Banks dual exhaust system tomm. I will try to post some pics tomm. nite.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pahrump nice looking exhaust and truck! I just dropped off my truck @ the dealership to have the re-call performed & I asked them how they stand with changing out just the exhaust and still having everything else intact. My service advisors answer was "Ford is being real strict with aftermarket parts on this vehicle. Before with the 7.3 and the 6.0 there were no issues but with this engine we've run into claims denied."...he went on to say that they had a warranty claim for a failed DPF denied due to an aftermarket exhaust and an aftermarket air filter. Now the questions is do I take the risk?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I went with MBRP but there stacks with no kitty or filter.

As for as do you take the chance or not, thats up to you if you want to risk the chance or leave it and be safe. Personally I never heard of a DPF clogging up due to a new tip, pretty sure he was pulling your leg.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Ford is denying DPF warranty if a CAI has been used. They have found out that the CAI will elevate regen EGTs higher than the stock element, thus damaging the DPF.
I suggest to all that you remove the DPF and place it in your garage where it's safe!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ford is denying DPF warranty if a CAI has been used. They have found out that the CAI will elevate regen EGTs higher than the stock element, thus damaging the DPF.
I suggest to all that you remove the DPF and place it in your garage where it's safe!
Of course this recommendation is ONLY for you guys (and gals) running off-road.:evillol:

I can see it now, the new rallying cry...."Save the DPF, it prevents Global Warming....errrrr....excuse me Global Climate Change as it dropped 1 degree this past year....:doh:

Stay Tuned
Amp

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Pahrump nice looking exhaust and truck! I just dropped off my truck @ the dealership to have the re-call performed & I asked them how they stand with changing out just the exhaust and still having everything else intact. My service advisors answer was "Ford is being real strict with aftermarket parts on this vehicle. Before with the 7.3 and the 6.0 there were no issues but with this engine we've run into claims denied."...he went on to say that they had a warranty claim for a failed DPF denied due to an aftermarket exhaust and an aftermarket air filter. Now the questions is do I take the risk?
Thanks!

To me the rewards outweigh the risk.....but if you are super concerned about the warrenty, then I would not put a screwdriver even near the truck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts