Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To everyone that has the Banks TechniCooler; how did you modify the A/C filter to accomondate the Banks boost tubes? In the instruction manual, it just tells you that it is "necessary to modify the A/C filter/dryer bracket". Where the hell can I move it!? What bracket!?!?!? It's 2 plastic ears molded to the sides of the housing! What's your take?:confused:

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I wonder why you have to modify the truck for a banks intercooler but all the other brands are a drop in replacement? :dunno:

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder why you have to modify the truck for a banks intercooler but all the other brands are a drop in replacement? :dunno:
Because the boost tubes are have alledged "consistent bends", where the stockers are crush bent. I've been doing a lot of research on other intercoolers, & like you've said, they're just drop in. I'm thinking of going to ebay with the Banks piece.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Do the other brands include the larger charged air tubes in their kits?

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do the other brands include the larger charged air tubes in their kits?
They do, but from what I've been seeing, nothing under the hood needs to be modified.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
On mine I had to bend the ac lines just a little bit. But I don't recall anything else I had to cut a piece on the battery tray and cut the fan shroud to make room for the high ram intake. Mine is an 04 maybe yours is a different year? dunno

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you getting the cold side tube mixed up with the hot side tube?
No. I made a dry run before I made the actual attempt. In the instructions it's telling me I need to modify the bracket on the A/C filter & that's all it says.:dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts