Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok a buddy of mine had an 04 f250 with 4 or 5 in exust cant remember in take gauges and a banks six gun. my ? is. is it normal for a setup like this to hit 1400 egts from just 0 to 50 mph run?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
YES IT IS ..................................

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats no fun get a lil power and cant use it all:doh:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i gess he needs a biger turbo

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
The only good stuff banks has is the plumbing. The performance electronics suck for a 6.0 especially since it's only a fueling box anyway. Tell him to get an SCT and tune that 6.0 correctly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only good stuff banks has is the plumbing. The performance electronics suck for a 6.0 especially since it's only a fueling box anyway. Tell him to get an SCT and tune that 6.0 correctly.
hes a tight wad that wont spend the money. he got the truck with this set up

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
He can buy an SCT WITH TUNES for a heckuva lot less than a turbo that he doesn't need.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He can buy an SCT WITH TUNES for a heckuva lot less than a turbo that he doesn't need.
its like i said he wont buy any thang of that sort the only thang he will spend money on is oil and fuel. i just wanted to know for my self what was up with that:thumb:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
then tell him to take it off and sell it. spend more money on fuel and oil

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
ok a buddy of mine had an 04 f250 with 4 or 5 in exust cant remember in take gauges and a banks six gun. my ? is. is it normal for a setup like this to hit 1400 egts from just 0 to 50 mph run?
I had the 6 Gun, Hi-Ram intake and full exhaust. I never seen over 1350 at WOT no matter what speed. Never pulled anything heavy with the tuner installed so I don't know what the EGT's would get to.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Where's his EGT probe located? Is the truck loaded when it does this? Is there still a cat. converter on it? Is he spooling up the turbo and launching? If he is just hitting the throttle and going, it does seem a little high. But, around that temp., a little makes a lot of difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts