Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get a new chip i have a superchip and cant decide between the banks six gun or the bullydog any suggesti:icon_ford:eek:ns

·
Registered
489 Posts
banks six gun is reliable and safe i know. bully dog ive heard can be a hot, but ive also heard of damage it has done. I was gonna go for the banks but through this site ive been told to do a custom tune like TW or DP.

W

·
0 Posts
NEITHER!!!!!!!! get a custom tuned chip, its less money and better for the motor and the trans... Look into TW, PHP, Beans, Swamps.... I have PHP and its GREAT!!!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
get a sct xcal 3 or the livewire
This is a 7.3...:tard: Like the above posts says...go with a custom tuned chip like TW..

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
NEITHER!!!!!!!! get a custom tuned chip, its less money and better for the motor and the trans... Look into TW, PHP, Beans, Swamps.... I have PHP and its GREAT!!!
will nailed it. this is the only answer your going to get around here for your 7.3 :thumb:

·
Registered
862 Posts
What he said.

There are lots of great custom tuners out there that are WAY better then banks or anyone like that.

I personally like Matt at Gearhead Automotive but there are many others out there that are good.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I just sold some Banks stuff. A six gun and a modual for $200.00 Than i checked the price of this junk i could not wait to get off the truck holy heck i gave that junk away. The modual has 1 count them 1 tune for the cost of a chip with 6 positions that dosent require the trans command. You can controll all the aspects of the truck from the PCM why does Banks sell it all seprate? You can put your self into a good custom tuned chip with a nice set of guages and pod for way less than the Banks crap.:nod:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
6.0 or 7.3 - if 6.0 - I have the Banks Six-Gun and absolutly love it! Has a bunch of safety features built in that the others dont - plenty of power - I can melt my tires if I want - and when I want! I can choose what power level I want - no shutting the truck down and reloading a tune! I love the switchability. The mileage gains are impressive too! Last day trip highway returned 22.1 hand calc'd mileage! Go Banks!!!

If 7.3 get the TW chip.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
6.0 or 7.3 - if 6.0 - I have the Banks Six-Gun and absolutly love it! Has a bunch of safety features built in that the others dont - plenty of power - I can melt my tires if I want - and when I want! I can choose what power level I want - no shutting the truck down and reloading a tune! I love the switchability. The mileage gains are impressive too! Last day trip highway returned 22.1 hand calc'd mileage! Go Banks!!!

If 7.3 get the TW chip.
I dont now much about the 6.0 stuff but the 7.3 stuff fails misarabaly in price and performance. of a custom chip. The six gun is a 10 k mod with some crappy digital guage. You have to hack the trans harness up to install the trans command. And one modual gets you one tune. at about $300.00+ a piece. you are looking at about $1000.00+ versus ruffly $800.00 for a pacage deal with a custom tuner.:nod:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
get a sct xcal 3 or the livewire
Maybe for the 6.0 not the 7.3

personally I would go DP or TW

Out of the two you asked about I dunno. I am running a bullydog 6 pos now and have zero problems out of it. I have the outlook monitor with it and I like it because of the defuel setting it has. I can set the temperature that I want the truck to back the fuel off and it will without ever getting to hot. I actually don't mind it at all. I have never had it beside anything with a DP or TW and I assume they would walk all over me. Been beside the same truck I have but with a 6speed with a banks chip on it and left him.

*EDIT When I can im going to try out TW though since I already have the 6 pos. chip

·
Registered
489 Posts
Maybe for the 6.0 not the 7.3

personally I would go DP or TW

Out of the two you asked about I dunno. I am running a bullydog 6 pos now and have zero problems out of it. I have the outlook monitor with it and I like it because of the defuel setting it has. I can set the temperature that I want the truck to back the fuel off and it will without ever getting to hot. I actually don't mind it at all. I have never had it beside anything with a DP or TW and I assume they would walk all over me. Been beside the same truck I have but with a 6speed with a banks chip on it and left him.

*EDIT When I can im going to try out TW though since I already have the 6 pos. chip

Yea but an auto trans will beat the standard regardless of a chip.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I dont now much about the 6.0 stuff but the 7.3 stuff fails misarabaly in price and performance. of a custom chip. The six gun is a 10 k mod with some crappy digital guage. You have to hack the trans harness up to install the trans command. And one modual gets you one tune. at about $300.00+ a piece. you are looking at about $1000.00+ versus ruffly $800.00 for a pacage deal with a custom tuner.:nod:

Yea the banks in cab display for the 7.3 fails horribly as compared to the display it offers for the 6.0.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the truck i bought has a banks six gun and it SUX.. i just put a dp on and its amazing i got the f5 chip w 5 tunes installed for 480.. now im just using the banks six gun as an egt gauge... i think if u get a banks u will be very disappointed, i was and so was every one i have talked 2 about them

·
Registered
489 Posts
the truck i bought has a banks six gun and it SUX.. i just put a dp on and its amazing i got the f5 chip w 5 tunes installed for 480.. now im just using the banks six gun as an egt gauge... i think if u get a banks u will be very disappointed, i was and so was every one i have talked 2 about them
Well the banks six gun chip is only designed to add up to 63 horsepower. You have to stack it with the big hoss chip to get the most it has to offer. Thats probably why the DP felt that much better. Regardless, custom tunes are better though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts