Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Banks Power Pack installed on my 1996 OBS since 1999. Is it worth keeping? The Ottomind does help with shifting and holding gears when flooring or towing. The turbo is more responsive.

Are there other items I can install that are compatible with the Banks Power Pack?

·
Hate stupid people
8,681 Posts
honestly i'd get rid of it and upgrade to a custom tune setup using TS or Hydra for optimum performance.
that setup was great back in the day before custom tuning took off. like boxed tunes VS EFI live with Dmax.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I would keep the Intercooler setup, quick-spool housing, and downpipe as those are pretty much compatible with anything else you may want to do. Then get custom tunes as mentioned above. They can cover the transmission stuff too. Cheers!

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the tips. I do feel that the Banks tuner is lacking and under powered at times.

Any suggestions for a reputable seller with a fair price for the Hydra Chip Tuner?

·
Vendor
13,153 Posts
What Patrick said^^^^

All Hydra chips are the same price. We typically have 25-50 of them in stock at all times. Rarely do people buy TS chips anymore as nobody writes custom tuning for them anymore. We can also preload the chip with tunes if you like, but we need to know your PCM code. If you're interested, all the info is in the link.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I would keep the Intercooler setup, quick-spool housing, and downpipe as those are pretty much compatible with anything else you may want to do. Then get custom tunes as mentioned above. They can cover the transmission stuff too. Cheers!
I agree with this. On my 02 I initially got the banks power pack and ran it for a little bit but ended up taking everything off except the intercooler and downpipe. The intercooler helps with temps and the exhaust is nice I'm my opinion. I changed the whole turbo to work with my injector upgrade, that is why I didn't keep the quick spool housing. As far as who to get stuff with go with /\ /\ Corey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts