Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 7.3 CCSB 4X4 2016 6.7 CCSB 4X4
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2001 F 250 4X4 Super Crew Short Bed 7.3 with 206k miles. My question is I want to upgrade my exhaust system. I recently R and R turbo all new seals for pedestal, EBPV and a Banks wheel. I was planning to keep the EBPV since I rebuilt it and it is working fine. My question is it worth upgrading the exhaust without the Banks Power Elbow and EBPV delete since alot of the restriction is at the valve butterfly itself and the stock downpipe. I know doing both exhaust and power elbow would make the most improvement but is the exhaust alone going to give enough reduction in EGT and BP to be worth the money.

·
Registered
144 Posts
subscribed i'm intresested in seeing if the power elbow is worth the money or not too.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hello all,

I have a 2001 F 250 4X4 Super Crew Short Bed 7.3 with 206k miles. My question is I want to upgrade my exhaust system. I recently R and R turbo all new seals for pedestal, EBPV and a Banks wheel. I was planning to keep the EBPV since I rebuilt it and it is working fine. My question is it worth upgrading the exhaust without the Banks Power Elbow and EBPV delete since alot of the restriction is at the valve butterfly itself and the stock downpipe. I know doing both exhaust and power elbow would make the most improvement but is the exhaust alone going to give enough reduction in EGT and BP to be worth the money.
Firt off i put a 4" turbo back banks w/ the power elbow. The truck ran very smooth & sounded good. After about 50K miles w/ the exhaust i recently installed a x-wheel & had the EBV deleted. I cant say if the EBV delete helped or not. The x-wheel I'm not real happy with. Now I plan on getting a GT38R as thats what I should have done first.

FYI the banks power elbow leaves the EBV in the open position.

·
Registered
2001 7.3 CCSB 4X4 2016 6.7 CCSB 4X4
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, the Banks website illustration for the power elbow shows the EBPV missing with the Power Elbow so I assumed that the Power Elbow would remove the EBPV. I guess thats what I get for "assuming" :) I am happy with my Banks wheel, made a nice difference in boost and lag. I have not heard of the X wheel so dont know anything about it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I dont know if the banks wheel is different or not. From what I understand its the same, but who knows. The power elbow is definitely a well thought out part.

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
you could save some money, get a different exhaust, get a high flow outlet and pedistal and you have the same thing

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have the stinger plus with the power elbow the 6 gun tuner and the banks intake. And honestly there was a huge difference with that power elbow. I say this because my chip wasn't working due to the truck itself not banks. And I noticed such a difference with just the stinger plus mechanical parts with the chip ottomind chip left out of it and no 6 gun tuner. The power elbow works honestly it does I love my banks stuff. Yes lots of money but I love the systems that they put out and the quality, and the staff help.

Chris

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
Dont waste your money on banks crap, i gutted my ebpv for basically free and the stock downpipe is just fine, just straight pipe it and be happy. I've seen alotta people become 'tools' just because banks has good advertising, there is alot cheaper and better products out there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dont waste your money on banks crap, i gutted my ebpv for basically free and the stock downpipe is just fine, just straight pipe it and be happy. I've seen alotta people become 'tools' just because banks has good advertising, there is alot cheaper and better products out there.
Put a 4in exhaust (banks or not) on your truck and come back and tell us the difference.

Im not a fan of banks, but they have the monster exhaust with the cat (Im in commyfornia) that I was looking at. I'm not getting the power elbow. I can gut the ebpv myself. I figure any 4in exhaust is better than my stock one and the monster isnt that expensive considering it has a cat (some of the monster kits have a cat, not all.)

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
Put a 4in exhaust (banks or not) on your truck and come back and tell us the difference.

Im not a fan of banks, but they have the monster exhaust with the cat (Im in commyfornia) that I was looking at. I'm not getting the power elbow. I can gut the ebpv myself. I figure any 4in exhaust is better than my stock one and the monster isnt that expensive considering it has a cat (some of the monster kits have a cat, not all.)
Oh did your truck have a CAT stock? Mine doesnt.. well plus mines from texas so i have a GPR not a GPCM.. anyway the ebpv will make you fail smog unless you get the fooler for the plug to tell the PCM that its working.. cheap enough tho.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Oh did your truck have a CAT stock? Mine doesnt.. well plus mines from texas so i have a GPR not a GPCM.. anyway the ebpv will make you fail smog unless you get the fooler for the plug to tell the PCM that its working.. cheap enough tho.
Yea, the manual transmission trucks came with a Cat in Cali. Good to know about the fooler, thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts