Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this is the right spot, but i've been getting alot of questions about the new Banks 6.4 intake, we finally got them to give us some info and pics. if anybody has any questions please let me know.

kyle

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it will flow better b/c of the box design, from testing they have done it flows 31% better than the stock airbox. they actually just purchased 6 different intakes from us so i believe they are going to be doing some comparison testing.

·
Registered
250 Posts
at what HP level does the 6.4 suck more air than the stock box/filter combo can supply, I an't see this being an iprovement that would be relevent to anybody who is not racing.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's not as much of a HP level as it is just a demand for airflow at any rpm. any added airflow you cna get to the motor will benifit anybody w/ lower egts and a better burn to the fuel.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Wow that should be interesting to see how that turns out
IT WILL TURN OUT LIKE THEIR EXHAUST AD DID WHERE IT SLAMED THE COMPATITIONS PRODUCT, AND FALSEIFIED INFORMATION ABOUT THEIR OWN PRODUCT.

·
Registered
250 Posts
it's not as much of a HP level as it is just a demand for airflow at any rpm. any added airflow you cna get to the motor will benifit anybody w/ lower egts and a better burn to the fuel.
let me state it another way...Is the 6.4 getting the required amount of air with the stock set up...that is all the engine will take, the required amount. just because more air is available doesn't mean the engine will use it...all engines only use the required amount of cfm air flow, so an intake that "flows better" is not necessarily useful. A better intake is only needed if the stock is not providing thatrequired cfm air flow.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if that was the case than an aftermarket intake shouldn't add any HP or TQ on the dyno...right? b/c the stock box is giving the engine as much as it can handle.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
lol I love when companies buy up other companies stuff to test it, I can tell you now, Banks will flow more and be better since there doing the testing.

now if it were a third party test then maybe id take banks word with more than a grain of sand.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
BANKS = BLOWS BALLS THEY ARE ALL FULL OF IHS OVER THEIR

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I tow my toy hauler with the stock air box it sucks the filter minder in all the way with a new filter. I now have an S&B CAI. I haven't pulled the fiver with the new intake yet but we will be going camping this weekend & I will report back with the results.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well most of the people i've talked to do notice a little bit of the seat of the pants difference, just in spool up alone.

sheepman i hear where your coming from but if you can pull more air in and lower egts a bit, it's only gonna help you in the long run.

c'mon willy keep it civil this isn't meant to be a banks bash thread.... there are already plenty of those lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts