Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a 2003 6.0 PD w/ Banks Techni-cooler intercooler system, Banks ram-air intake system w/ Banks high ram intake, Banks Monster exhaust (4inch) and Banks six-gun advanced tuner w/ speed loader.

Ford claims 325 hp and 550 lb-ft torque from the stock engine. The Banks six-gun advance tuner advertisement says 'gain upto 138hp and 231 lb-ft torque at rear wheels'. My calculator says that'd be 463HP and 801 lbs of torque. Do you suppose the Banks figures are from the six-gun advance tuner on the 6 setting alone, or are combined w/ other engine modifications?

Anybody else w/ similar Banks setup as mine ever been on a dyno?

Post your guestimates here V V V.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have all that Banks stuff. When I did run the 6-gun (don't anymore) I went and had it dynoed.

It put out 381hp & 737torque at the rear wheels. If your calculations are at the flywheel (which I believe they are) then your calculations would be correct.

Those numbers are based on having the complete Big Hoss Bundle alone, no other mods.

·
Registered
556 Posts
get rid of that banks chip and get a custom tuned SCT tuner, it will be a night and day difference for the good..better for your transmission, WAY more power, just better overall..make sure and get gauges though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts