·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:rofl: oooohhhh boy, cant wait to hear all the banks haters. this might get good..... ill be waitn :popcorn2:
I know a lot of people do not have faith in Banks. I just wanted to add something new to this site since I was getting bored reading day in and day out about how people don't have the dashdaq and how anxious they are to get it up and running. All I can say is on Monday the little brown truck will be delivering my products ready to be installed and no waiting for anybody to send me tunes over the net :roll1:.

By no way am I talking trash or starting trouble, I respect everyones decision to purchase and install whatever they feel is best for them. I am the type of person that has little patience and can not wait months/weeks/days for a product to be released even if it is going to be the "best" thing out there. I'll wait to read everyone's posts once they have the product installed and tested out for a few months and if it truly is that great than I will purchase one too :thumb:

I love my :icon_ford:!

·
Registered
12 Posts
i hear ya man, but i was waitn for those same guys waitn for the dashdaq to tell you how "banks products suck,propaganda,blah blah,just look purdy,no actual gains in HP,MPG blah blah, DPF delete, blah blah".... and then your post turns into an off topic subject like this:rofl:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hear ya man, but i was waitn for those same guys waitn for the dashdaq to tell you how "banks products suck,propaganda,blah blah,just look purdy,no actual gains in HP,MPG blah blah, DPF delete, blah blah".... and then your post turns into an off topic subject like this:rofl:
I guess some post go off topic every once in a while :hehe:. But so far it's just you that took interest in this topic. Maybe I should change the post title to "I have my DashDaq w/tunes!" lol :roll1:

Again I am only joking please nobody take this personal. :wink[3]:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok now back on topic before this post gets deleted.

What is your honest opinion of the Banks video?

Does anybody on here, other than NOLA, have the Banks exhaust or has plans to order it?

:thankyou2:

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
what size is stock, i thought it was pretty much 4"?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Banks has the reputation of being the most professional aftermarket diesel performance products company out there.
Yeah, they cost more and yeah, they're a little overhyped, but the quality is always top notch.
I don't see how buying their pipes could be a mistake.

·
Registered
333 Posts
just received my dpf delete pipe and waiting on sct livewire, I cant wait to hear that rumble with my dual banks :icon_ford:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what size is stock, i thought it was pretty much 4"?
If I'm correct it's 3.5" in stock format w/a muffler/resonator.

I was thinking of doing the dual set up but I want to be able to remove the exhaust w/the dpf delete as easily as possible in case I have to go to the dealer for major work. I had a single 4" Magnaflow on my 6.0 and I liked it very much. I don't agree w/paying an extra $200 for a tip on the drivers side but hey if you like duals then go for it. Theres a post on here w/pics of the duals. If your interested autoanything.com has a good price on both and they have the "Bill Me Later" option w/no interest until October, like that you can for sure keep it away from the wife :rofl:

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Those videos were interesting. I don't know what kind of operation the other guys are running, but it sure sounds like Gale Banks wants to do things the right way.

What did kinda piss me off if that he said "I'm back about a quarter of a million in putting this system together..." Seems like a self indulgent thing to say. Who cares how much you put into it, just tell me how it works or that it will work.

Here is the real question, what difference will that exhaust make vs. factory other than being cooler (temperature) during regen?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
One more thing to add. In our manual it states that you have to keep the exhaust inlet holes clear of any debris. No biggie, just take a hose and hose out any mud you got in there. How in world are you going to clean the Banks inlet holes when they have a cuff surrounding them? Did I miss something or are you going to have to get under the truck to hose that off?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One more thing to add. In our manual it states that you have to keep the exhaust inlet holes clear of any debris. No biggie, just take a hose and hose out any mud you got in there. How in world are you going to clean the Banks inlet holes when they have a cuff surrounding them? Did I miss something or are you going to have to get under the truck to hose that off?
Huh, good point. I guess I'll have to get under my truck and hose it off from there :doh:. I also agree with you on the whole 1/4 of a million dollar remark. We know that equipment is pricey but he didn't have to throw it out there. How much profit is he going to make off of these products? So obviously that investment is well worth it. I'm going to shop around for the single monster exhaust and order it up today.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts