Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale both from my 99.

Pac Brake Direct Fit Exhaust Brake - Good Condition - $300 shipped or Ebay Auction! eBay Motors: Pac Brake Exhaust Brake Powerstroke Diesel 7.3L 99-04 (item 150255889906 end time Jun-12-08 19:26:56 PDT)

The exhaust brake bolts to the turbo exhaust housing in place of the bypass valve. It can be hooked up to the exhaust bypass valve actuator for warmup assistance. Most of us don't run this thing as it has a tendency to stick. Included with the exhaust brake is "exhaust brake housing, exhaust brake solonoid/ram, and the pump to activate the ram to close or open the brake flapper. The unit is used and could use some lube as diesel soot obviously collects, but the unit worked perfectly on my truck. One day I had it turned on by accident...I accelerated hard and the truck wasnt going anywhere! I realized I was a dope and the exhaust brake was doing exactly what its supposed to....hold back the engine by retarding the exhaust.

PM me with any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
got any pictures of the exhaust brake? All I can find via a search is just stock images of models other than for the Ford trucks. I'm interested in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts