Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the Banks 6 position dial programmer settings are? My truck I bought had it on it and I have no idea. Looking for a fuel mileage setting for sure but would like to know what they all do.?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Hottest setting is best mileage. Should be easy enough to figure out.

I'd tear it out and get custom tunes though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hottest setting is best mileage. Should be easy enough to figure out.

I'd tear it out and get custom tunes though.
Really?! all the way up would be best fuel mileage? Thants opposite from what I was thinking! Custom tune will be in the future for sure, just not right now. Who is the best custom tune to use?

·
Registered
180 Posts
There is no "best." Everyone likes a different flavor.

I have run both DP and PHP and both were perfectly fine and both had pros/cons. Currently I have PHP and no inclination to change.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yep, usually best mileage is in hottest tune. You don't have to use as much motor for a given speed. For tuners I'd stick with gearhead, beans, or tony wildman. I've ran php and they are good, just near impossible to get a hold of anymore.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Really?! all the way up would be best fuel mileage? Thants opposite from what I was thinking! Custom tune will be in the future for sure, just not right now. Who is the best custom tune to use?
Read Dentex' reply; he about hit the nail on the head. The more powerfully your truck is running, the less fuel you need to offer it to perform. The less fuel you give it, the better mileage it gets.

I am personally a fan of Beans and Tony Wildman. I've seen countless dyno sheets, and Beans always has the most hp/tq/power curve out of anybody... only to be closely followed by Tony Wildman.

Yep, usually best mileage is in hottest tune. You don't have to use as much motor for a given speed. For tuners I'd stick with gearhead, beans, or tony wildman. I've ran php and they are good, just near impossible to get a hold of anymore.
:liar:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I will try runnining it on the top setting today and see how it does! I think I am going to look into tuning now.....

·
Registered
799 Posts
Level 1 is stock power and each level after that adds another 20% of total gain so that on level 6 you are at 100% gain (gain varies depending on application). You should see best mileage on level 6.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Worst part is I cant tell what dang setting its on! The dial will click like ten times! Ugghhh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts