Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the FP out without removing the turbo. Stabbed the new one in. Can`t get the banjo threads started. Any tips or tricks?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
When you install it I went backwards a few turns and felt when the threads bumped in and lined up. That way you are at the starting point and you do not have to go round and round trying to find the start. Alot of people talk about having to remove the pedistal but I thought there was quite a bit of room. Esp. after working on heavy equipment for a living.

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
When you install it I went backwards a few turns and felt when the threads bumped in and lined up. That way you are at the starting point and you do not have to go round and round trying to find the start. Alot of people talk about having to remove the pedistal but I thought there was quite a bit of room. Esp. after working on heavy equipment for a living.
Yeah, what he said. Make sure that the brass "washer" is in place as well or you'll leak fuel. Time and patience are also helpful.
Keep us posted,
Craig

·
Shade tree mechanic
8,298 Posts
try starting the bajo bolt a few threads before tightening down the two side bolts. did mine like that after reading the install thread for lift pump

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I`ll try that this morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts