Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to put ball joints in our '03 Excursion. Anybody have any helpful tips other than to have somebody else do it? :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
yeah, there are a couple of write-ups on this site. I used these to replace mine a few months ago. Not too difficult, just time consuming.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Well where do you live?

2 or 4wd? From your sig pic it looks to be 4wd.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Stout snap ring pliers, a BFH, and a ball joint press make the job go easier.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, there are a couple of write-ups on this site. I used these to replace mine a few months ago. Not too difficult, just time consuming.
Would you, by chance, have a link? I've searched ball joints but I get a million possibilities. :doh:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well where do you live?

2 or 4wd? From your sig pic it looks to be 4wd.
I'm in the beautiful land of cheese (on the border with MN) and yes, it's 4wd. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I would also recommend buying the Moog ball joint kit from powerstrokeparts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I live in Minnesota, I just changed mine a few months back. not to difficult, just takes time. Best advice is to spray the the area where the joints are mounted with something like WD40 (I know there is better stuff, just can't think of the name) for a couple of weeks before you are going to do the job.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in Minnesota, I just changed mine a few months back. not to difficult, just takes time. Best advice is to spray the the area where the joints are mounted with something like WD40 (I know there is better stuff, just can't think of the name) for a couple of weeks before you are going to do the job.
Thanks for the tip!

See question for willholl79...how'd you do it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts