Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, (2003 F-250)
I just finished scouring the internet on what people think on ball joints. A condensed version is kind of like this...

Moog: Most people root for these although its being mentioned that they aren't as good now. The most solid supporters were mostly in the early 2000s.

XRF: They get mentioned as possible awesome... but not really much history or people that have used them much.

TRW: Some say they are now a Moog brand. Very pricey on AutoZone compared to the other brands. Say Moog $40 TRW $70.

Spicer: ?

Carli: Not available for my 2003. They start at 2005

Is this accurate or are there more current opinions?
Thanks,
groundhogy

·
Registered
697 Posts
OEM spicer is the best IMO. After trying moog joints on a few of our trucks(all of which carry an 1100 lb fisher xv2 plow for 6 month of the year) we got sick of changing them. Went back to OEM, and havent had any issues. Was only getting 20k miles out of the moog joints.

·
Registered
138 Posts
x2 on OEM Spicer balljoints and ujoints (if you are already that deep into replacement). Used XRF on a Dodge 2006 I had between F350s, great customer service but the boots tore on 3x attempts of install (offroad shop and myself due to OCD). There are decent packages of front end spicer components and necessary seals out there - did this on my 2006 F350 a few years ago, when replacing stock OEM front end - tightened steering up significantly after 185k miles at time.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I installed Dynatracs in my 01 5 or so years ago & haven't looked back since.

Way more pricey than what you have listed, but they are damn good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts