Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm dredging up an old thread I haven't found yet. I'm rebuilding a 1994 dana 60 front for my reverse shackle conversion. I've had different opinions on what ball joints and u joints to use. I currently have non servicable spicer upper and lower ball joints and spicer non serviceable u joints. Are these going to last awhile or should I purchase some greasable ones. I live in Washington in the Pacific Northwet. I'll only be using 4 wheel drive when the roads are bad and at the boat launches. Thank You for you're advice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I switched to the Greasable Raybestos parts on my rebuild. They are the Spicer parts that are now sold under the Raybestos brand.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You Tom, I have followed you're posts. I have also purchased the PMF rsk for my truck. I have a few more parts to acquire/clean/paint. When I have everything ready and the dana 60 assembled after rebuild I can install the new suspension. I can hardly wait.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You for the reply, I did find their website and the product sounds really good. I might give them a call next week, or just go with the spicer sealed unit ball joints I've already purchased. I haven't been able to find any longterm experiences with the xrf ball joints as of yet. It makes me wonder a little about them being manufactured in Thailand. I alway try to use American made automotive products as much as possible. Sticking with the name brand American made stuff seems to work out better in the long run? Anyone have any longterm experience with xrf balljoints? Thank You.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
I would use NEAPCO u joints. Made in Pittsburgh PA... good quality joints.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The XRF balljoints are cheap as far as cost goes. I think I'm going to stick with the Spicer balljoints and u joints non greasable and hope they last at least 150,000 miles. Thanks everyone

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
I would never install a non geasable joint on anything. Thats is why they wear out, because they cant be greased

1 - 11 of 11 Posts