Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all know the Famous Ford ball joint problems on the lifted trucks.
My problem is finding some good ones. I just replaced mine again not less than 6 months ago and they are all ready shot. I bought the supposevly heavy duty ones from Checker (never again) and they are worthless. Does anyone know someone that makes the best ball joints on the market that will last more than 6 months??????

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw you started this with "famous ball joint problem with lifted trucks"

Well, my truck is lifted and It is very tough to keep straight on the road. Is that the problem you face when the ball joints go bad...Its an 03 4x4 7.3 with an 8" lift.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I would say buy some lifetime warranty and change them every years or so.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's not just lifted trucks. We all have this problem at some point.

Y2KFORDPARTS

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes we all have the same problems, all ford and dodge front ends do it. But the higher you lift it or bigger tires you put under it the harder it is on the ball joints and the spindles. And i agree buy the expensive ones with long warranties and they will last longer than the cheapos. I've been through probably 3 sets of ball joints and 2 sets of spindles (which need replaced again) with only 97k miles on my truck. if you have the money and want to fix it right i would highly recommend going to the dynatrac front end kit for fords. The kit is like $2000 or so but its supposed to make your front end rock solid. Im going to buy one as soon as i get the money.
heres the link: DYNATRAC FO60-3X1104-B Free Spin Hub Kit 1999-2004 Ford F-250/F-350/F-450/F-550 Ford Excursion

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes we all have the same problems, all ford and dodge front ends do it. But the higher you lift it or bigger tires you put under it the harder it is on the ball joints and the spindles. And i agree buy the expensive ones with long warranties and they will last longer than the cheapos. I've been through probably 3 sets of ball joints and 2 sets of spindles (which need replaced again) with only 97k miles on my truck. if you have the money and want to fix it right i would highly recommend going to the dynatrac front end kit for fords. The kit is like $2000 or so but its supposed to make your front end rock solid. Im going to buy one as soon as i get the money.
heres the link: DYNATRAC FO60-3X1104-B Free Spin Hub Kit 1999-2004 Ford F-250/F-350/F-450/F-550 Ford Excursion
I agree with you. I have 179k on my truck and I am on my 3rd set of ball-joints.

·
Registered
273 Posts
wow seems excessive wear and tear on those

·
Registered
243 Posts
i just did ball joints. they where originals truck has 85k and no lift. it cost me alot to just do moog ball joints napa brakes. i think it would be better to find an older high pinion dana 60 with king pins and real wheel bearings cause it would be prob the same price as the dynatrac kit but you eliminate the ball joints too the dynatrac kit still keeps ball joints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts