Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought an obd2 reader and downloaded an app on my android device to keep an eye on things in real time and after reading some post I am not sure I want to use the thing. Reading about stalling engines in the middle of driving among other things.

Does anyone use one of these and a computer app to look at your trucks vital readings in real time?

·
Registered
8,496 Posts
So I bought an obd2 reader and downloaded an app on my android device to keep an eye on things in real time and after reading some post I am not sure I want to use the thing. Reading about stalling engines in the middle of driving among other things.

Does anyone use one of these and a computer app to look at your trucks vital readings in real time?
Most times I had stalling when using the obdII to Bluetooth reader was when I was changing the gauges or setting up. If I got gauges set up beforehand I never had issues. I still have the torq pro app and the obdII reader but the edge insight with the egt probe was a better fit for me. Haven't used the torq pro app in probably a year. but if im ever helping a buddy I have that and forscan with a laptop etc.

An edge insight or scanguage is usually way easier to use and you leave them in the truck. I didn't like having to have a phone or tablet in my truck to charge, turn off, and all that etc.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had an ELM327 WiFi adapter using DashCmd for iOS on my 99 F250 and had it stall on me making a left turn on a busy road. Luckily I coasted across before it stopped. It wouldn’t start until I unplugged it from the obd port. Then it started fine. I never used it again after that.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I use a OBDlink LX with Torque Pro and Car Gauge Pro. Never had stalling issues. If I press clear faults on torque pro it will stall, throw WTS light and come back to life second latter. I only use Torque Pro for monitoring vitals and data logging as I use the logs to do my own tuning. The torque pro will not read DTCs on the 7.3s I have tried. I use Car Gauge Pro to read and clear DTCs and run Buzz and CCT tests. For under 100$ I have diagnosed many powerstrokes and other vehicles.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a OBDlink LX with Torque Pro and Car Gauge Pro. Never had stalling issues. If I press clear faults on torque pro it will stall, throw WTS light and come back to life second latter. I only use Torque Pro for monitoring vitals and data logging as I use the logs to do my own tuning. The torque pro will not read DTCs on the 7.3s I have tried. I use Car Gauge Pro to read and clear DTCs and run Buzz and CCT tests. For under 100$ I have diagnosed many powerstrokes and other vehicles.
I ended up ordering an Edge CS2 monitor.

Thanks for the replies guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts