Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that there is a lot of posts about trucks vibrating but the things that my truck is doing seems like i havent seen any other truck doing. When i get to about 50 MPH my truck gets a bad vibration to it. The vibration will stay there as long as i keep my foot light on the throttle. As soon as i let off the throttle or hit the throttle harder it goes away. I have some movement in my carrier bearing and my u joints dont look bad. The vibration is still there in 4 wheel drive but seems to go away when the truck is put in neutral. being new to diesels im at a stand still not knowing if the carrier bearing can still be problem if the vibration goes away in neutral. truck is stock except a 2" leveling kit in the front, any help is appreciated , thanks everybody

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
Does it have an aftermarket exhaust ? might be the downpipe causing that. cause thats somewhat how mine feels like.

·
Registered
156 Posts
ive been having the same issue lately but been trying to ignor it. Feels like its coming through the floorboard on mine. I cant figure it out for the life of me, thought it was a unit bearing for the longest time but i checked those, u joints, ball joints, out put shafts on the transfer case....and so on but no joy. Only thing i could figure was maybe it might be the tourqe converter or something in the tranny.... im gona keep any eye on it though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No aftermarket exhaust. Ive tried looking to see if i have a possible exhaust leak. Everything looks ok. I dont see any cracks or holes anywhere

1 - 4 of 4 Posts