Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My 05 stroker has a little bit of oil present on the inside of the intake elbow and manifold, my first instinct is that the seals blew on the turbo shaft, but ive heard that these turbos have some blowby ecspecially at idle. I was pulling my horse trailer and let it idle longer than normal when I shut it down so I'm not sure if that caused it. I installed an accufab elbow is how I noticed this, boost is normal and no smoking during any operation. Am I freaking out over nothing or is it turbo time? Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Thats just the nature of your turbo. Nothing is wrong. Everybody in this forrum could see oil or oil residue in their intake tubes.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
I would agree with Dusty on this one; Sounds like CCV oil to me. You can perform the CCV mod and it should eliminate the oil residue from entering your intercooler and your intake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I'm assuming by ccv you're meaning crankcase vent? what is the mod that takes care of this? Is it a dealer fix or a do it yourself deal? Having a hard time getting around this website and finding my own post and others replies so bear with my learning curve.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Thanks guys! I'm assuming by ccv you're meaning crankcase vent? what is the mod that takes care of this? Is it a dealer fix or a do it yourself deal? Having a hard time getting around this website and finding my own post and others replies so bear with my learning curve.
naw its a fairly easy Do It Yourself mod. basicly you just take the crank case vent tube of of your intake and plug the hole in the intake then just put a longer hose on the ccv and run it to the underside of the truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts