Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03 f350 6.0 with 111k on it the only mods i have is a 5in exhaust and a tune from innovative diesel and lately its ben really sluggish has no power off the line if i give it gas off the line it will sit there and pour out black smoke for about 5sec untill the turbo will kiick in and then the turbo will surge i have already tore the turbo apart and cleaned it and everything was how it should of ben it looked brand new and cleaned the egr valve does anyone know wat this could be???

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Sounds like the vgt solenoid to me. I had this happen to me a few months back.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on mine ill set my cruise at 60 and itll be reading 0psi now and itll get a real loud deep pitch instead of the normal whistle i have

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Still sounds a lot like the vgt. Maybe someone else will chime in.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Where in Ohio are you? I'm in Mansfield, if you are close ill help you out.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
I would say it sounds like the vgt as well but it also sounds normal being its a turbo diesel the turbo requires exhaust pressure to spool the turbo and to give the engine enough boost to burn up the raw diesel fuel. Try rolling into the throttle instead of mashing it. Also get a good monitor on there that will allow you to read the VGT solenoid duty cycle % that will tell you a lot about the turbo and health of your vgt solenoid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i found someone with a computer that could read live data and test everything and everything came back to my exhaust back pressure sensor could not find nothing else so im going to order one and see if it fixes the problem

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the sensor was reading no voltage so i just went ahead and got one im gonna clean the tube and put it back together as soon as it stops raining and see how it runs

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i went ahead and replaced it because it looked bad and reset the computer and she runs amazing now i have power straight off the line i was surprised how expensive the sensor was 115$ for something that could fit in the palm of my hand but im glad it wasnt my turbo wasnt burned up

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, virgin poster and virgin powerstroke owner :eek:hnoes:
Be very careful removing EBP sensor. Lesson I just learned myself . Same early 2003 6.0, barely put pressure on EBP sensor and snapped off, threads left in braket and fitting. Went to remove bracket, and the flimsy piece of sheetmetal broke as well. The bracket is dealer only and they must order it in. $82. Just be very careful. EBP sensor from dealer $107 but can be found cheaper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts